Buyers remorse ( Two foot itis ! )

DanOnTheRiver

Reaction score
Well, not really, but it seems like the 18' boat is just not large enough and I should have bought the 20'. We are on a river that is landlocked so I didn't get a trailer. We keep the boat in the water all the time. Almost 3 years ago I paid $21,000 for the boat and 40 HP Yamaha motor and it has about 35 hours on it. I haven't checked with the local dealer yet and was curious what I should sell my boat for and the difference between it and a new 20 footer with the same motor. On the river, 40 HP is more than adequate. I'm open to suggestions.

I hope you don't regret ANOTHER notch up in size for the boat and motor. Even on a river. Above what you are now thinking.

I hope you don't regret ANOTHER notch up in size for the boat and motor. Even on a river. Above what you are now thinking.
I think that an additional 2' or a 20' boat would make a big difference and to that I'd add a front bimini because of the sun.. We just cruse the river with friends and family and the extra 2' would make it easier to add additional passengers.

I sold mine last June at a profit ,ordered another last August . Its at the dealer ,Im hoping to get it this week .
You can check values here .

Also there have been a few price hikes the past year .
Build site .

It's a disease called "two-foot itis". It happens with just about everyone who owns a boat. Every couple years we feel like we need 2 more feet in boat length.

Yeah, we figured going in to our last buy go big. Went with 23’. Now I’m like why did we get such a big boat. Usually only two of us, but we started out on a 6x15 Gillgetter. This seems so big, we almost need to text each other if we are at opposite ends. :p

I had "Two-Foot Itis" for awhile, but hopefully I'm fully cured. 1st boat - 21' Bennington. 2nd boat - 23' Bennington. 3rd boat (presently have) - 25' Bennington. I did get the extended forward and aft deck with this one, so the actual LOA is 29' - 2". Does that mean I'm covered for the 27' and 29' boats as well? - LOL

It's a disease called "two-foot itis". It happens with just about everyone who owns a boat. Every couple years we feel like we need 2 more feet in boat length.
"Two-foot itis" has been around this forum for years....... It leads to and is called "PADS"!!!

Back