Can you Believe?

Probably "No Hunting"

At least they are in the water and not staining the docks ( or boats ) 

Jeff 

You can not believe how many use the course, we have skier's here who are at professional levels

Unfortunately I lack the talent lol

But living in the wake zone offers an amazing view of these talented skier's

We have people here skiing at 33 -34 mph 

I am told that is a rarity and is of the extreme level

Some are at 31 and say they will never be at the 33 - 34 level

I guess there is more to it than meets the eye 

It shows your love for the sport , that you are willing to travel so far to enjoy it 
We do love it. I don't ski anymore. Broken shoulder a long time ago...I have too much age and the wrong body to do that anymore. But my youngest son is totally in to it. He can run the course at 22 off and 32mph...sometimes.

Do you know how the sport works? Most people don't. And there is more than meets the eye...indeed.

I won't hijack the thread to go in to detail, but watching it when you know what the line lengths, speeds, ball counts and scoring all mean...it's even more fun than just watching the big splashy walls of water. If you (or anyone) is interested in a primer on slalom water skiing, let me know. I'll start a thread.

Here is my son Zach...from 2 years ago. Rare opportunity when my wife was able to ride in a chase boat and take pictures from a unique angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start a thread. I'm curious.

We have a course off the end of our dock, a nice view from the deck. My days for slalom are over, but there are some 50ish guys who go out 6-7am a couple days a week during the summer. I think one of them still does 28 off fairly regularly. When done in rhythm and with good technique, the walls of spray are a beautiful thing to watch.

Needless to say, as someone who grew up in industrial urban Pittsburgh, I never learned to swim, fish, ski or etc.

The lifestyle I live now is nothing like the one I grew up in, but I found happiness in other ways while growing up.

I think that is why I have such a love and appreciation for Lake Living now.

Here is a friend of mine in Lake Allatoona GA who lives the lifestyle to the max

Not only does he ski but is an expert foiler as well.

DSC_5F00_0011b.JPG

DSC_5F00_9889b.jpg

Now that is taking it to the max and Living the Lake Life !

Well here we are again. The temp was 21 this morning  Where is spring?  I'm still hoping for  a mid March wetting. Working on a new motor for this year. Going from the 50 to 75  I hope.

The '03 I have is getting to the point where I'm not comfortable with it on a big lake. Getting too old.

Supposed to be in the mid 60's this weekend. 10 degrees warmer and my boat is getting wet.

Yup been loving the weather at Lake Norman since we moved here! Haven't really needed anything more than a windbreaker. Been a warm winter so far!

Where are the pics???

Big Kahuna that is because you still have some Northern Blood in you.  Over the next few years that Northern Blood will be slowly converted to Southern Blood and then you will be whining like the rest of them when it is 60 degrees in February :p

60 is ok, 40 not so much.   :D  And yes, after you've been here a while, your body changes.

Better looking right Carl?

116538602.jpg

Took this picture 3 minutes ago 

60 F would be amazing !!

Having Blue Skies with sunshine is a TREAT  (lol)

We started at -16. It is now a balmy 6...

I'm fairly certain I would die in the temps y'all are posting!

I'm with Carl. I don't even like to go outside @ 40 degrees.

I wear shorts and a sweatshirt at 40 degrees here! That's spring weather! You get used to it though. We were in Florida this last week. Highs in the low 70s, but a lot cooler for many hours of the day. In the 40s a few nights. Didn't stop my 11 year old from using the outdoor pool almost every night. The life guards all had full body suits on with hats and gloves. My kid went down the slide at least 100 times while we were there. He just wore a swim suit. He had a blast. You don't do that in February around here. Perspective...

When we boarded the plane this morning the weather channel app said -11 here. Still below zero when we got here. The van got buried under a foot of snow and ice while we were gone and apparently my wife gave her scraper to my daughter to use in her car, so I had to scrape the ice off the windows with a credit card. Again. Won't be the last time. Jarred has done that I'm sure. I had a short sleeved T-shirt on plus two long sleeved T-shirts. If it's not windy, you can tolerate it. It's not fun, but you survive. Makes me appreciate boating season much more.

Credit card, box cutters, fingernails, dump hot coffee on it. Whoever booked your trip picked the right time!!!!

Back