Can you Believe?

highpond

Reaction score
This is not why I moved to the south. 18 this morning, that's crazy. The average is 65 during the day and we may not get out of the 30's today. Tonight it's going to be in the LOW teens. But there is good news, the light at the end of this long tunnel is it may be back to 60+ by weeks end. Thank the Lord NO SNOW. You folks in the Great Lake area I hope that the lakes don't freeze as hard as last year and your boating season will include Memorial Day Week-end.

I still have my hopes for Mid March new season launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on mine as early as May 19th last year . Lake was not frozen,water temp was mid 60's .

Ice was out in early April . 

I know spring feels like a ways off but the days will start getting longer in a little over a month. I like to remain optimistic. Our lake was drawn down 3' so come early early spring they begin raising the water level which helps get the ice off. I'm hoping to have the boat in the lift as soon as the water level will allow.

This weather is crazy.  We live in Tennessee and it was in the high teens this morning and currently 26 at 5PM and expected to go back to the teens tonight.  Thank goodness it will be warming back up in the next few days (back to low 60's by Sunday).  This weather is more like January than mid-November.  Looking forward to Spring. :D

The saga continues. 15 this morning. But as I write this it's moved to 28. I hope that was our winter spell. Sure am looking for the weekend and the 60's. One thing is sure the blue sky is as bright as it can be and just as beautiful with not a cloud in sight.

You should come visit us in central Minnesota, we have been in single digits and below zero a couple times and have had over 15 inches of snow already.  It is way to early for this. Going to be a long winter. 

Too cold here in Central Florida also, for being on the water.  55 degrees as I type, but supposed to be in the 70's by the end of the week.

At least I don't live in Buffalo NY ..Holy sh**!!!

They are getting hammered !!!!

We have been through that area when the lake effect snow was falling.  It was 10 above and 20 mph winds.  No snow until Erie PA, then almost a whiteout.  Close to Buffalo there was 3 feet on snow on the ground.  Past Buffalo, not a drop of snow for the rest of the trip.  That was the trip were on the way home we stopped at Niagara Falls.  It was 20 below.  We did not stay long out of the car but it was beautiful with all the ice.   

Had that area as part of my territory I learned as I grew older NO TRIPS to upstate NY from November 1st. to Mid April. I've been caught in snow up there, no flights out, Rochester, Syracuse  and one year Albany even broke a record for the most snow ever and "I WAS THERE". So we live with the teens in the night and 30's during the day, but now we're in mid 50's and as the week goes along "60's". The average is "65"  Don't you love it?

Pittsburgh will be 50 this weekend 

Mother Nature likes showing us what life could be like in paradise 

Then the bottom falls out too soon

Long Term Forecast NWS for Pittsburgh 

An Early Spring 

Late March 

I hope they are right 

92486963.jpg

They dropped the lake 3 feet this year but dropped it the first week of November 

With the drop in temps haven't been able to do maintenance on shore line or dock

Maybe this weekend with the milder temps I can do some things 

Pretty picture. Luck on fixing the dock

What a difference this year 

Temps will be quite mild and still no snow on the ground

Will it last through February ?

Fri
mostly_sunny.gif
Mostly sunny. Chilly. 37°F low  29°F  

Sat
mostly_sunny.gif
Mostly sunny. Chilly. 39°F low  32°F  

Sun
partly_cloudy.gif
 Mix of sun. Chilly. 42°F  low 36°F  

Mon
partly_cloudy.gif
 Mix of sun and clouds. Cool. 46°F Low 41°F  

Tue
sprinkles.gif
Sprinkles. Cloudy. Cool. 55°F Low 39°F

Wed
cloudy.gif
Cloudy. Chilly. 40°F Low 35°F  

Thu
partly_cloudy.gif
 Mix of sun and clouds. Chilly. 41°F Low  33°F

110612604.jpg

That picture reminds me of the RED HOT sun set of July and August. Well, we're down to 90 days before the first launch of 2015. Temp today to 68 not a cloud in the sky. no rain in the forecast 'till that big storm from California gets here Thur. but only rain  A far cry from the 15 we had during November. Average is now 55, so now we can make up for some of the unwanted cold of last month. The Greenville boat show is about month away, Jan 22. Can't wait. I'm not in the market but it's fun to walk around see the different pontoons on display, and think "boy am I glad I have  a Bennington".

Oh to be at a Boat Show with mild temps 

Have to say I would soooo enjoy that 

When I bought @ last years Boat Show 

Temp -1F wind chill -14F 

Not ideal (lol)

There is a great Boat Show near The Villages of Central Florida

ADVANTAGE 

Warm temps and being on the water with the boats 

That would be the dream come true

Like you from this point on I will be looking only out of curiosity 

No plans to upgrade 

The Bennington and Motor I have is perfect for the Lake I live on.

Here's hoping May1st has temps conducive to Boating here in the north.

Last year was unusually cool, the year with no summer !

107175344.jpg

If anything I may purchase a small runabout in the future   :rolleyes:

107175344.jpg

If anything I may purchase a small runabout in the future   :rolleyes:
[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Or maybe a Malibu/Mastercraft/Nautique and use that slalom course I see in the background!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Oh what I'd give to have a course set up on a nearby lake. As it is now, we have to travel 50 miles each way to get on a muddy millpond as our nearest course. So many hoops to jump through, it's nearly impossible to get something like that on a lake around here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px][envy].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]-Jeff[/SIZE]

Jeff 

You can not believe how many use the course, we have skier's here who are at professional levels

Unfortunately I lack the talent lol

But living in the wake zone offers an amazing view of these talented skier's

We have people here skiing at 33 -34 mph 

I am told that is a rarity and is of the extreme level

Some are at 31 and say they will never be at the 33 - 34 level

I guess there is more to it than meets the eye 

It shows your love for the sport , that you are willing to travel so far to enjoy it 

19930831.jpg

The birds in the picture look like they're getting ready to spell something.

Back