Can't decide on color

No kidding. I should look into...err, wait.  Thanks!   :lol:

Don't "look into...".  That's all I was doing, just looking into...and the next thing you know I have a new boat. PADs is a very serious problem and the only known cure requires a trip to your local Bennington dealer.  The treatment can be very costly...and I don't think you're ever fully cured.

When I ordered mine I spent easily 20 hours looking at benningtons online.  Ultimately I decided on the same colors as Vikingstaff, smokey granite panels with black accent, the blackout package over beige interior.  My suggestion is to go to boats.com and boattrader.com and do a search for 2017 benningtons.  You will have hundreds of built boats to look at in most every available color combination.  Have fun!  

I am a big fan of the grey and black.  Just worried that over time there will be the white build up (like we get on gel coats) in the edges and we'll be wiping and waxing every time we're parked.  I am getting the impression it's a lot like cars, dark colors are going to be more work (and hotter).  Now, is it worth it? Hmmmm  :wub:

Hey Tammy, PM Semp and let him decide, he's good at it.  Or maybe it was his wife.  15 freakin pages.   :p  

Thanks all!  I don't know how to reply to individual comments  ;)  But we are building it new so picking a color.  That grey with black is beautiful (well, they all are but I have an affinity for dark colors)!  I need to Goodle "PADS" haha. I'm still torn.  Technically the hubby cleans the boat so what's a little more work for him?  :D

Tammy hit the "quote" button to respond to individual comments. Everybody still sees it but the person you are directly responding to will receive a notification at the top of their page. (The bell) see it?!?

Hey Tammy, PM Semp and let him decide, he's good at it.  Or maybe it was his wife.  15 freakin pages.   :p  

And our pick wasn't even one of the choices ....  :lol:

/monthly_2017_06/large.S0573685.JPG.913682ed98cfe8d4d1d9a0e99dda86e6.JPG/monthly_2017_06/large.S0603699.JPG.f5d3a7ad35c341fcce14885788e2ab1d.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow!  I don't know how to set up a vote tally! haha, but I will figure it out.  Your colors are gorgeous!  And I may steal the name, I love Floyd. We are in Lake Havasu so maybe we won't run into each other  :p

Tammy hit the "quote" button to respond to individual comments. Everybody still sees it but the person you are directly responding to will receive a notification at the top of their page. (The bell) see it?!?

Heyyyyy - not only do you all have great taste in boats, you're nice!!  :D

Its a beautiful boat... I just wish he'd quit showing off that 20.   ;)

Its a beautiful boat... I just wish he'd quit showing off that 20.   ;)

Ooooh! I thought that was the trolling motor! :)  

Semp's boat is definitely gorgeous, as stated before Tammy, buy what you like, either way it sounds like you to take care of stuff and are thinking this thru. Your boat will not get the dirt a vehicle will but I'm sure the darker it is the more shows. We have black w/charcoal accent and love it, our interior is sandstone. I'm sure you'll be happy with your new purchase either way, just don't second guess yourself on color as PADS gets expensive quick! Good luck on your color quest!!

Ooooh! I thought that was the trolling motor! :)  

Semp's boat is definitely gorgeous, as stated before Tammy, buy what you like, either way it sounds like you to take care of stuff and are thinking this thru. Your boat will not get the dirt a vehicle will but I'm sure the darker it is the more shows. We have black w/charcoal accent and love it, our interior is sandstone. I'm sure you'll be happy with your new purchase either way, just don't second guess yourself on color as PADS gets expensive quick! Good luck on your color quest!!

Thank you!  I think we are going to go with Charcoal with Black accent and Sandstone interior - similar! I like the blackout package but since my husband does the vehicle cleaning, he drew the line there, haha!    

Thank you all for being so welcoming, your great input, and helping us out!  I think we settled on the boat we are going to get.  The dealer says it can be ready in August.  The 24' SSBXP in charcoal with a black accent. I'm so excited to join your gang and give in to the PADS!!!

Sprott Bennington Layout.JPG

Sprott Bennington.JPG

Sweet!!

I will be the first to say, get that August date in writing ......

just sayin ....... I'd really hate to see you posting in August that your boats still not ready. 

Now maybe your dealer has a build slot available which would be awesome. 

So what's the rest of the specs?

+1 on what Semp suggested about build dates and anticipated delivery, as well as also curious about the other specs.  

Otherwise, it sounds like a great boat!  We LOVE our new 24' SSBXP!  It is awesome. I know you'll love yours too.

I am a big fan of the grey and black.  Just worried that over time there will be the white build up (like we get on gel coats) in the edges and we'll be wiping and waxing every time we're parked.  I am getting the impression it's a lot like cars, dark colors are going to be more work (and hotter).  Now, is it worth it? Hmmmm  :wub:

Use a wax and dry product. Both Eagle and Turtle Wax produce. Just spray the boat down with fresh water and spray the product on and dry. Or maybe just tell the hubby to do it. That's what happens to me !

Sweet!!

I will be the first to say, get that August date in writing ......

just sayin ....... I'd really hate to see you posting in August that your boats still not ready. 

Now maybe your dealer has a build slot available which would be awesome. 

So what's the rest of the specs?

Thanks!  We will definitely get it in writing once we dial it in.  We really aren't in a rush, since we still have our Eliminator Daytona.  Let me re-phrase, we SHOULDN'T be in a rush, but the excitement (PADS) is overwhelming! Lol 

As I go thru the specs, I know for sure we will get the Merc 200, all of the lighting and stereo upgrades, a live well, the stabilizer rough water packages, an extra long bimini...come to think of it, it is harder to list the upgrades we don't want  :p

+1 on what Semp suggested about build dates and anticipated delivery, as well as also curious about the other specs.  

Otherwise, it sounds like a great boat!  We LOVE our new 24' SSBXP!  It is awesome. I know you'll love yours too.

Thank you and congratulations on your boat!! 

Thank you all for being so welcoming, your great input, and helping us out!  I think we settled on the boat we are going to get.  The dealer says it can be ready in August.  The 24' SSBXP in charcoal with a black accent. I'm so excited to join your gang and give in to the PADS!!!

View attachment 1747

View attachment 1748

What toon package are you going with? 

Thanks!  We will definitely get it in writing once we dial it in.  We really aren't in a rush, since we still have our Eliminator Daytona.  Let me re-phrase, we SHOULDN'T be in a rush, but the excitement (PADS) is overwhelming! Lol 

As I go thru the specs, I know for sure we will get the Merc 200, all of the lighting and stereo upgrades, a live well, the stabilizer rough water packages, an extra long bimini...come to think of it, it is harder to list the upgrades we don't want  :p

Okay Tammy.......

We are all happy that you guys are so excited to be ordering your 1st Benny...........Just to clarify...........In order to be infected w/PADS (Pulled A Derrick Syndrome. In honor of our beloved Canadian forum member in Manitoba) you must already be an owner of a Bennington............Then quickly realize that you want to upgrade that Bennington sometimes in the same year AND sometimes wanting to upgrade the upgrade...........sometimes in the same year!!!

Whew! Did I leave anything out guys?!? Ha!

Back