Captain's Chair

Royo

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with the sliding feature on the the captain's chair? We have a 2012 2275 GCW and I cannot get the seat to slide. I have been under the seat several times trying to determine what is keeping it from moving, but I can't find anything that looks wrong. I am sure that I am overlooking something.

Roy

Ours on our 07 is hard to slide when I have the swivel unlocked but it still moves.

And some silicone or wd40.

Mine slides fine, but had the swivel bushing repalced already as it wore out rather quick, and I hardly ever swivel it ???

Try taking a bit of your weight off it as well, not meant in the same way as Steve's comment, just slightly stand up and push back with the back of your legs.

Semper, I wonder if that bushing had a load rating? LOL Steve
Well I dropped 47 lbs since November, geez I ain't that big ??? Lol !!!

Just big on knowledge!

I see there is a paddle handle under the captain's seat. I got under the seat to read all the fine print on the seat column, but nowhere does it state if the handle is supposed to be in the upright position...or down and parallel to the column when you swivel and the opposite to "lock" in place. Mine does not seem to lock in either position. It may have been damaged during the boat show where it was a model so need to understand before I report an "issue" with the dealer. Any advice you can give based on your expertise would be appreciated.

Flip the paddle up when the seat is facing forward to "lock it" in place. Flip the paddle down and the seat is free to swivel. :)

And if its like mine (R model) there's a knob that tightens down that I think "adjusts" the looseness of the swivel feature.

Yup, the knob tightens or loosens the swiveling.

Another captain chair question:

Both of my captains chairs don't seem to be working correctly. I loosened the locking shaft and pulled the seats  off. There is black round insert that goes into the mount, it has 3 slots in it that I think should line up with the 3 slots in the tube where the paddle locks itself in place when you swivel and hit the slot. My insert moves and to me I would think they shouldn't move at all?   When it moves the slots mis-align and then the swivel doesn't lock in place anymore.  Am I on to something here... I guess another winter time dealer warranty item...  a shame since my local dealer 20 minutes away closed and now I have to drive an hour to their other location. One other item... on the poles the slots for the passenger chair are port,bow,starboard and on the captains chair they are bow,port,stern.  ????

Add: I've been searching for the captains chair install manual to maybe give me a hint but no luck finding it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early in the summer I called Bennington when everyone was talking about the extended warranty, I missed it by 3 months I think.  However while I had someone on the phone I asked about my seat and was told that since my boat was still under warranty they would send me a new slide and to send them the bill and they would reimburse  me.

In about 5 days I got a new slider from Bennington and replaced It myself (4 screws).

When I got the slide odd I tried moving it but it was so tight I couldn't budge it with a hammer.

Once again I am glad I have a Benny.

Back