Center Pontoon Storage

Just got a new 24SL and noticed the condensation also. My theory is it sets in cool or cold water and the warm air that's getting into it causes condensation? Glad im not the only one who noticed this.

We took the snap on carpet off the hatch. It now gets air without having to leave it open.

We've tried all of the above. Carpet off the hatch. Installed a bilge (bought our boat used and it had been removed). Tried the big buckets of Damp Rid. Leaving the door open (we actually prop it about halfway open w/ a block of wood) works best. But we keep ours in the water in a covered slip at the marina during the Georgia summers ... it's just hot and humid and it stays damp.

My bilge was not working. Now I have 4 clothes baskets to hold assorted things, makes it easier to pull stuff out and utilize all the space.

My bilge was not working. Now I have 4 clothes baskets to hold assorted things, makes it easier to pull stuff out and utilize all the space.
My bilge connector under the hatch for the fuel level sender was not plugged in all the way when I got it, I found it last summer while trying to figure out my water issue too as I was wondering why my bilge never worked. Saved me a trip to the dealer.

They had a few other items to tend to plus the 25 hour service & lube.

I get a lot of condensation on the walls of the center tube. Most of it drys by mid day. I had a lot of wood shavings from the factory from when the cut the access doors. I don't get any water in the bilge at most about 1/2 inch. I HAVE NEVER SMELLED GAS. I would return it to the dealer and have that check !

Well technically a bilge pump is designed to be "spark free" for this very reason, so if its a true "bilge" pump, there should be no concern if wired correctly.

I have been monitoring it very closely and having let it sit with the covers "center storage and gas tank lid" open at all times except when we are in use seems to be lessening the fumes for the first time this season, one can still smell gas fumes but it is not nearly as strong the last few weeks.

Both TB and the dealer basically told me to put up with it in short, poly tanks "Permiate the smell" they said theres nothing they can do about it.

I have a 2013 2375 GCW with the center toon storage. I bought it new this past spring.  I have noticed as the season progressed I seemed to have more and more water in the center tube.  Today I pulled it out of the water and took it back to my dealer for engine maintenance.  I mentioned the water in the tube and he told me that Bennington had notified him that the wave shield on my model was not adequate.  The have redesigned the wave shield and he will install the new design for me.  I am looking forward to picking it up from him when he gets it done.  I will post and update about how it looks at that time. 

Did they detail how it was not adequate? I look forward to seeing, and understand the difference. Once my bilge was fixed I did not seem to have any issues, but I did not get to use it too much after the motor puked all over itself. :)

My last one used to get a fair amount in it when doing hard cornering, never enough to see over the floor panels in there. Hardly any in the new one. This is a good time to remind everyone to shop vac out the center toon before it freezes. I recommend lowering your front trailer jack as low as you can so the water runs forward. You don't want the water freezing and wrecking your bilge pump. You can also pull your bilge pump up a little and out of the water until you get a chance to suck it all out.

Jared,

The dealer said where the toon joins the deck, additional shielding was needed.  The current design allows water to flow over the top of the toon and that is how the water is getting into the toon.

Back