CERAMIC NANO COATING

I'm very tempted to try the HydroSilex this summer. $60/bottle, and it might last the season?? Seems like a gamble worth taking?? Anyone have any bad experiences with this stuff??

If you end up using it, please share your experience with the rest of us.

Guys, this is my first post. I own a '17 25QSB, and it's running in fresh water on Toledo Bend. I came on here, looking for an alternative to ceramic coating, as I have just had a bad experience with it. (This past Father's Day weekend) I had the pontoons professionally mirror polished(see my avatar), and then had an authorized dealer/installer of Liquid Armour coat the toons. Mine was the 2nd one that they've coated with a mirror polish finish underneath, and both failed to protect after the first day on the water. (Discoloring/staining of the aluminum as if it was bare) The installer is making it all good; giving me my money back, and paying to have the toons re polished.(a stand up guy) They've coated brushed/raw aluminum in the past, and they have been protected with no tell tale staining, etc.
But....that leaves me with what do I do to keep these polished toons protected?
I actually have two containers of Sharkhyde, but went the ceramic route after spending so much to have them mirror polished, thinking a ceramic coating would be a better job of protecting, and not dulling/statining the finish.

Any advice would be appreciated.
G

Last edited:
I polished mine several years ago and they look pretty fair still. I went with the sharkhide.

If you keep it in a slip ,sharkhide does wear off ,I get mine done every other year

It's kept on a trailer, only time it stays in the water is over a weekend stay at the lake.

Sharkhide works for me!

I had a guy at the local marina tell me mirror polish is not a good thing to do. Along with removing too much metal, he said the oxidized layer we don't love looking at actually protects the aluminum. Don't shoot the messenger, I don't know how true that is but it's worth some research. On my first Benny, Sharkhide was applied by the factory but the dealer said it only protects for a couple of weeks, then it's gone. My toons pretty much proved that.

Sharkhide can protect for years ABOVE the surface, but below, depending on your water, 1-3 years?? We are on our second year, above still looks perfect. Below, it’s showing that it’s wearing off. Still doesn’t look bad, but I really don’t care what it looks like below. I scrub them clean every couple weeks anyhow.

Check out a product called Xzilon.com
Pretty good product im hearing.
Ive not put it on my Tritoon but all my new vehicles have it on it from dealership

Back