Clips/Buckles on Mooring/Playpen Cover

tyjy

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb questions but, here goes ...

What are the buckles/straps for on the top of the mooring cover (stern end)? Is it to prevent flapping or something? Where do the straps fasten?

Loop it over the Bimini top and clip to other side buckle to raise cover corners, keeping water from pooling on the back corners of cover.

Loop it over the Bimini top and clip to other side buckle to raise cover corners, keeping water from pooling on the back corners of cover.
Really??? THANKS! I had no idea : )

I bet this is the number one question in the forum !! :)
You're kidding? I couldn't find it in a search : / (however, now I'm not feeling so dumb if so many other's have asked it!)

I am glad to know the answer now because I'll bet using it helps a lot.

Thanks again!

If you look closely towards the back you'll see it.

I'll be darned, Yes I do see it! Thanks Jared!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. So I'm curious as to how many poles you guys have for your cover? On ours which is a 2007, I have 4 poles and the one last one has a "S" shape to it. It stands next to the changing room and then curves towards the centerline of the boat and them bends up. It does what the strap does that you all have. I think it's a better idea myself. I'll have to get a picof it.

I would like to see that picture Cwag.  I wonder why bennington changed?

On a 2375 I have 5 poles 

Here it is:   
gallery_1200_457_87438.jpg

5 poles. And my guess is the change was a cost savings.

OK. So I'm curious as to how many poles you guys have for your cover? On ours which is a 2007, I have 4 poles and the one last one has a "S" shape to it. It stands next to the changing room and then curves towards the centerline of the boat and them bends up. It does what the strap does that you all have. I think it's a better idea myself. I'll have to get a picof it.

I have that exact setup but it absolutely does NOT keep the water pooling in the stern.  As a result, I have another aftermarket pole that I put just behind the stern bench seat and up against the engine cover (right in between both of those...where they meet) and THAT keeps the water from pooling.  I also use one in the very bow on the right side for the same reason.  Now my cover is old so maybe that's why I need to use them but I assure you that if I don't use them I will get a major collection of water in both of those areas.

I have 5 poles on a 2550

Thanks Cwag, now I can envision how it worked, do you have any problems with water pooling?  Just remembered, with that awesome dock setup probably not,  have you docked without shelter, what were the results?

I have 4 poles on the 24SLX3.

Before the dock we never had pooling water.

My 2004 2275RL only has 4 poles. I put 2 throwable pillows between the sundeck and the cover. No pooling problem.........

Four poles and so far, no pooling problems in the stern. I haven't had to use the strap.

Back