Clips/Buckles on Mooring/Playpen Cover

2012 2275 GCW, the boat/cover came with four poles, but there were five places with vents on the cover.  I mentioned it to the dealer saying, someone must have forgotten the fifth pole and they gave us another one.  After the fact, reading it here, I realized I was probably only supposed to get four and use the strap.  The dealer didn't mention anything about the strap to me, so I'm guessing they didn't know either, or at least the person I spoke with.  I'm glad I got the pole, if not I think I would have bought a third party one.  It seems like it would be a pain to throw that strap over every time and clip it.

As I said I have 5 poles,  and I also have the strap. If you have 5 vents, then you need 5 poles. Someone miscounted.

Yup, 5 poles PLUS the strap. It's easy if you have room to walk on the platform.

Yup, 5 vents, 5 poles. Also the strap takes all of 10 seconds to throw over and connect but it saves tons of aggravation from water pooling and soaking through to the inside. I use it religiously, it's just become routine when I cover.

Strap is easy ,I throw mine over "loose" before I set the poles . Last thing I do is tighten the strap .

I don't ever use the strap.  I have found that with the five poles in place I never have any water pooling.  I'll have to keep a close eye on it just in case.

I have the 4 poles and until someone on this forum clued me in on the straps I had pooling problems in the back of the boat

I've never had pooling and the back looks taught enough even if I didn't use the strap, but it's so easy to toss over and clip that I take the few seconds to do it every time.

4 poles. I don't use the strap, never had an issue with pooling. It is under a canopy now but I still put the playpen cover on nightly.

We have 4 poles plus do use the strap. We didn't see any pooling before we knew how to use it but it only takes seconds to hook up. It is easy insurance that it won't pool.

I have a 28' canopy over the boat which is not pictured below but I still put the playpen cover on as well over night. I see it as the canopy keeps it dry, the cover keeps it clean!

Back