Cooler bag included with slx

Crowbar

Reaction score
If anyone did not get a free cooler bag with their new boat, dont feel bad. The cooler leaks like a net. Bennington should not throw in anything at all if its junk! Might make a good diaper bag or bag for spare prop, but thats about it! Used mine tonight for the first time and it leaked all ovet the boat & the car. Into the trash it goes!!!

I got one with my 2013 SLX leaked as you said ,put it in the trash .I did not get one  with the RCW . Bought 2 AO coolers, 24 & 48 ,Great Coolers .

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ao+cooler+

81qt67KhVrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think "soft side" cooler bags were meant for "ice" to be used in them. Plastic lining and sharp ice don't mix. Almost every review I've read does not recommend using ice due to sharp edges. We only use gel packs and we are on year 3 with our cooler. Then again we've never had melted ice in it. I can't understand why you'd throw it away? It's still useable. Just not with ice.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think "soft side" cooler bags were meant for "ice" to be used in them. Plastic lining and sharp ice don't mix. Almost every review I've read does not recommend using ice due to sharp edges. We only use gel packs and we are on year 3 with our cooler. Then again we've never had melted ice in it. I can't understand why you'd throw it away? It's still useable. Just not with ice.
After buying the 2 AO coolers ,I have enough coolers .I didn't have a use for one that leaks and could get used accidentally .( my wife says I keep too much "stuff"  anyway :lol:  ) 

We still use ours but have never used ice in it so don't know if it leaks. We use gel packs like semper fi also or frozen water bottles. Less messy anyway.

I picked up a bag of ice on the way to the lake the other day and then realized I left the cooler at home. I ended up making a cooler out of a Menards bag. I put my cans in, filled it with ice, looped the bag handles through a rear cleat and let it leak away all afternoon on the back deck. Just one more advantage of the bow-high Express tube package. Water runs off the back deck easily.

I will stash the soft sided cooler that came with the boat under a seat somewhere as a backup. It's got to be better than a Menards bag!

Ditto. Gel packs or frozen water bottles but I wouldn't be surprised at all that they don't hold water. 

The one I threw in the trash ,one of the bottom seams split the entire length .

Ditto. Gel packs or frozen water bottles but I wouldn't be surprised at all that they don't hold water. 

We got a bag with our boat in 2006 and use it most of the time we go out. We use it with ice or cooler packs and it's still good.

These aint free but they sure do work well. 

You know if you are gonna spend money to buy a Benny, why settle for less with your accessories ?????

My daughter loves anything Yeti. I had to try their new coaster, the best price I found was below. $29.99 free shipping and no sales tax .

http://gunnhook.com/products/coolers/yeti-coolers/yeti-rambler-colster.html?gclid=CP3Uk7Gz8MUCFdgagQodqZoAQA
I have to agree with her :)   I have 3 YETI coolers, the 65  the 125, its the stationary boat cooler, and the Hopper. I just have to laugh every time I drag one thru the check out. Never thought I would spend that much on a cooler. I don't regret it.  I just bought the colster about 2 weeks ago. I love it. I sit it in the cooler to cool it then insert my favorite beverage. My friends were giving me a hard time about spending $30 on a coozie untill I started throwing the COLD empty cans at em. Most of them went and bought one. I will be buying my wife one before we hit the lake again.

Careful with those yetis , I guess a guy left one in his boat for a week and a strong wind came up and blew the cover open , Froze his boat in.

Chuck Norris only caught a cold once, He won't go close to another yeti cooler.

ice7.jpg

You could go this route. :p

0a5e1bbe-gone-fishin.jpg

Back