Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaydano

Reaction score
Anyone get it yet? Or know anyone? I hope not. Most of us are in the "older" group...

It's crazy what's going on globally. Never seen anything like this. The only good that comes from this is it's a good dry run for when there's a truly deadly virus someday. I used to think the "preppers" were a bit on the crazy/paranoid side. They may be on to something...

And toilet paper??? Really??? That's what's most important to people??? I have about a hundred old t-shirts and a scissors... I wonder how many wipes you could get from an XL?

What's this Corona thing you're talking about??? Haven't heard ......

People are nuts. Like Rod I’ll be going to the sandbar today as well. Our grocery stores were nearly wiped out. There was absolutely no meat in the meat counter. Perk of living on the water and knowing how to fish is we’ll still survive

Around here it’s like they called for a 3‘ deep snow.... I mean really, that much toilet paper??? It’s actually worse around here than if they were calling for a blizzard.

The same thing here. Costco had a line about 50 people deep waiting to get into the store.

Anyone get it yet? Or know anyone? I hope not. Most of us are in the "older" group...

It's crazy what's going on globally. Never seen anything like this. The only good that comes from this is it's a good dry run for when there's a truly deadly virus someday. I used to think the "preppers" were a bit on the crazy/paranoid side. They may be on to something...

And toilet paper??? Really??? That's what's most important to people??? I have about a hundred old t-shirts and a scissors... I wonder how many wipes you could get from an XL?
Im eating more cheese .:cool:
We went to the store this morning ,they were even out of ice cream .And its was 19 degrees outside .

Lot of people poo-pooing this virus. Nobody knows, but some experts are saying it's going to be bad. I hope those who laugh and say it's nothing are laughing 6 months from now (because it was nothing) but I'm not so sure. The best thing I've heard..."people are preparing for a blizzard (days) when they should be preparing for a winter (months)."

add: China controlled it because they had a cop sitting at the entrance to every neighborhood and only let one person out for supplies.... we cancel this, cancel that, only 100 or 500 people here and there...there will be no containment here only dealing with the results unfortunately. I'm staying put to help "flatten the curve"

Last edited:
Went to visit my Mom in Maryland this weekend. This was the toilet paper aisle in Walmart and Freezer section in Sam's Club. Geez......IMG_20200310_145751327.jpgIMG_20200314_180119668.jpg

Here was my dinner...locally sourced

hopefully this thing doesn’t get out of hand.

Attachments

• 33DB951B-9217-4AA4-92EC-D27D4C63B8A5.jpeg
    33DB951B-9217-4AA4-92EC-D27D4C63B8A5.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14
Friday in KC, we went to three grocery stores, all had no eggs, no butter, no frozen pizza, no TP and a lot of other stuff very picked over. Today my wife went to Walmart and they had tons of Charmin in 9 roll packs in stock. People were very nice and only buying a pack or two. Good to see considering all the crazy stuff going on.

Friday in KC, we went to three grocery stores, all had no eggs, no butter, no frozen pizza, no TP and a lot of other stuff very picked over. Today my wife went to Walmart and they had tons of Charmin in 9 roll packs in stock. People were very nice and only buying a pack or two. Good to see considering all the crazy stuff going on.
Live in KC also. The over reaction to this is like nothing I have ever seen.

I am hoping that we will call it an over reaction.
One thing for sure , we can all agree none of us have seen
anything close to this in our lifetime.
Some of us are in the demographic age wise and with compromised health.
I don't fear for myself as life has been amazing, but hope
that as they say the young will not be affected as much.
I am not and never will be a hoarder. When we shop we shop as we always have.
Toilet Paper, Wall Street , Restricted Activities , etc are not the main
focus but projected death estimates in US estimated at a million....
Being told all of us will lose a family member or close friend from a virus
is something I never thought I would hear in my lifetime.
Wishing Everyone Good Health and A Happy Care Free Summer :)

1584338733049.png

Andy, that is a pretty good way to practice social distancing. I wish the weather were a bit nicer here in Michigan to practice it in the same way here.

I'm not concerned.
I have no plans to be concerned.
Life without sports is inconvenient, but unless they lock down the liquor stores, we will all get through this without incident.
Once the water opens up & we can get out on the lakes, the world around us simply fades away!

I'm not concerned.
I have no plans to be concerned.
Life without sports is inconvenient, but unless they lock down the liquor stores, we will all get through this without incident.
Once the water opens up & we can get out on the lakes, the world around us simply fades away!

You wouldn’t like it in Pa. Liquor stores locked down after today ... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back