Cover and Bimini top repair/replace

PhilB

Reaction score
Hello all,
We store our 2016 Bennington 21 SL at our home on Lake Conroe, TX. Boat the boat cover and the bimini top are shredded (I think my SIL tried to remove some mildew with a power washer). Before the fabric is completely lost, can it be repaired, or is it better to just replace? Most of the replacement covers I've seen are universal fit - not necessarily for this boat.

Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

Probably have to replace. Your dealer can get you an oem one.

ask dealer for the part number (a tag may be sewn on the cover) and then contact Tumac direct. The dealer was around 2k for mine and Tumac was half that for the exact same cover

Thanks Railmonkey and SemperFi8387. At least I know repair is not a good option. I'll do as suggested and check with Tumac first. My local Bennington dealer has been pretty up-front about having to charge hefty fees for OEM parts (a rearview mirror, for instance).

See if a local canvas shop can repair it first. If they can't they can make you a custom cover or like Semp said get an OEM cover from your dealer. Okay was that SIL your Sister in law or Son in law. Big difference. One you would just let the shredding of your cover go. The other you can jump on a bit. Ha!

Great suggestion, BigK.

And it’s my Son in Law, so a bit delicate with mom & the daughter around. And he really was trying to help...

Great suggestion, BigK.

And it’s my Son in Law, so a bit delicate with mom & the daughter around. And he really was trying to help...
Maybe play Dumb and turn it into your Insurance. Big Mice?

Back