Cover for 20SVF captain’s dashboard/steering console?

KSM

Reaction score
I have a 2020 20SVF (fishing model) that I leave uncovered in her slip for ease of use (meaning I’m too lazy to cover and uncover the boat). I’m on the North East River in Charlestown Maryland. Can I purchase a cover, or have one made, to protect my console (photo attached)? I’m removing the console’s small windscreen and will have a 7 inch Garmin GPSMAP unit mounted in its place. I have rainwater pooling on the console and possibly water coming in from there and/or from under the cup holders on either side of the console. The water runs into and collects in the compartment under the console. Any thoughts for a lazy owner?

Attachments

• F7D4B3B1-32B5-49DB-B801-14ABA4F62C02.jpeg
    F7D4B3B1-32B5-49DB-B801-14ABA4F62C02.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I live next to my 20SVF. No worries at all. Tonight my baby was a lounge for watching shooting stars and fireworks over the Upper Chesapeake Bay In Maryland. Very relaxing little Bennington. I go out almost every day. I fish from the boat and swim off it. I’m a professional wildlife photographer so I use the Bennington to creep up close to shoot waterfowl including majestic Bald Eagles. See photo. Great fun!!

Attachments

• A2DC3DAB-F69E-46E0-A1D7-86F2F6FD0694.jpeg
    A2DC3DAB-F69E-46E0-A1D7-86F2F6FD0694.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I have a 2014 and have the individual furniture covers. The first owner had them made through a canvas shop. Keeps it fairly dry. No standing water on the console and the underside stays pretty dry. I have Dri-Dek tiles on the floor since that area is not water tight

I have a 2014 and have the individual furniture covers. The first owner had them made through a canvas shop. Keeps it fairly dry. No standing water on the console and the underside stays pretty dry. I have Dri-Dek tiles on the floor since that area is not water tight
Thanks John. I’ll ask around for a canvas shop. I’m hoping to get something off the shelf. But a custom fit might better meet m needs. I need to cover the Garmin, which is gonna stick up where the windscreen is now

You have a cover. Take a few minutes and protect her. That will solve all your issues, plus you’ll feel good about yourself. All free!

I live next to my 20SVF. No worries at all. Tonight my baby was a lounge for watching shooting stars and fireworks over the Upper Chesapeake Bay In Maryland. Very relaxing little Bennington. I go out almost every day. I fish from the boat and swim off it. I’m a professional wildlife photographer so I use the Bennington to creep up close to shoot waterfowl including majestic Bald Eagles. See photo. Great fun!!

Failure to protect furniture can void any warranty coverage on same. See my video uncovering/covering. 5 minutes on or off. A local canvas shop could make a cover easily.

With that said, nice photo. Here’s one from one of our recent outings on our BennI. We have 2 pair on our lake.

Attachments

• A4780364-295E-4F73-A170-1A8CBC9D0022.jpeg
    A4780364-295E-4F73-A170-1A8CBC9D0022.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 19
On nice nights when I was staying at our lake house I may not cover my boat knowing I would use it next day. Concerned about dew or an unexpected rain on my hulls electronics I had a small waterproof tarp with small bungee cords that took 1 minute to cover and attach

I have a brand new cover that was custom made for your particular boat.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 26
  • cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Failure to protect furniture can void any warranty coverage on same. See my video uncovering/covering. 5 minutes on or off. A local canvas shop could make a cover easily.

With that said, nice photo. Here’s one from one of our recent outings on our BennI. We have 2 pair on our lake.
Wow incredible shot of the eagle, Semperfi. Here’s another one. It shows a Bald Eagle fighting for territory with a Great Blue Heron.

Attachments

• BAD6A630-2E0F-490B-8F7B-64509EC75FD3.jpeg
    BAD6A630-2E0F-490B-8F7B-64509EC75FD3.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 18
I have a 2020 20SVF (fishing model) that I leave uncovered in her slip for ease of use (meaning I’m too lazy to cover and uncover the boat). I’m on the North East River in Charlestown Maryland. Can I purchase a cover, or have one made, to protect my console (photo attached)? I’m removing the console’s small windscreen and will have a 7 inch Garmin GPSMAP unit mounted in its place. I have rainwater pooling on the console and possibly water coming in from there and/or from under the cup holders on either side of the console. The water runs into and collects in the compartment under the console. Any thoughts for a lazy owner?
Folks, can anyone recommend a manufacturer for individual furniture coverings for Bennington boats?

I made a stencil from paper then took to local canvas shop. I added my own snaps. Covers my Simrad, switches…

Attachments

• 877C3946-EDDD-4D44-9F79-4D5BC61FFFA9.jpeg
    877C3946-EDDD-4D44-9F79-4D5BC61FFFA9.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 35
I made a stencil from paper then took to local canvas shop. I added my own snaps. Covers my Simrad, switches…
That’s a pretty neat idea for something additional for those having problems.

Just a suggestion. Maybe put this up as its own post with it’s own title. Just a neat and new solution for the few people out there that get some kind of wetness onto their helm. Just hate to see a neat idea get lost inside a thread and overlooked in the futrue.

That is really cool Sheepdog, definitely appeals to my lazy side!

OP another vote for using the full mooring cover. Not sure how much bird poop you've cleaned out of your boat but this past spring was horrible for me - especially with the seagrass flooring I couldn't just wipe it off but rather scrub and wash and sop up. Lost precious fishing time!

Speaking of, I really envy your location, the flats in spring is just hog heaven for bass and striper. I imagine it gets a little annoying with all the tournaments up there and the bass boats flying around, but it's really a top-notch area for sportsmen IMO.

Back