Cracked Bimini Frame

Nicole Schroeder

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post and hoping someone can help me. I am an idiot and didn't put the bimini down rushing to park our boat in our covered lift. It is a 2017 SSRCFBXP with an electric bimini. Any ideas of how to fix the support bar temporarily until our new bar comes in? Wait time is crazy for the order. Also, my husband doesn't know I did it and trying to get it fixed before this weekend. Would soldering work? I am not sure what the frame is made of.:( Thank you very much ahead of time!!!

Hi all, this is my first post and hoping someone can help me. I am an idiot and didn't put the bimini down rushing to park our boat in our covered lift. It is a 2017 SSRCFBXP with an electric bimini. Any ideas of how to fix the support bar temporarily until our new bar comes in? Wait time is crazy for the order. Also, my husband doesn't know I did it and trying to get it fixed before this weekend. Would soldering work? I am not sure what the frame is made of.:( Thank you very much ahead of time!!!

Can you post a picture of the problem/break/damage? I have a 2017 with electric Bimini as well. When you say “support bar” I picture the smaller 6” long bar for when the Bimini is all the way down. However, that does not make sense with the way you describe the mishap.

The bars are aluminum, so you would want a local aluminum welder to take a look at it.

I would be surprised if you can get it welded by this weekend, but you’ll never know until you check on it.

Good luck!

Basically it was up, I was driving forward, my lift has a canopy and the Bimini hit the canopy and the circled part just snapped at the bottom by the bolts

Attachments

• B18EF4DD-032D-4F7C-ADC6-950EF3006CFA.jpeg
    B18EF4DD-032D-4F7C-ADC6-950EF3006CFA.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 50
  • B3A918D5-C039-4994-A5DF-D801B8E159C7.jpeg
    B3A918D5-C039-4994-A5DF-D801B8E159C7.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 49
  • 6FA8301D-6CFC-4D44-BA0B-01E348FD6447.jpeg
    6FA8301D-6CFC-4D44-BA0B-01E348FD6447.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 46

Hopefully your husband does read this forum. :D

Yikes! That’s a tough one.

I’d be leery of that part being welded, and then its ability to support the bimini. To me, that is a wait on replacement part and repair job. The way those electric bimini frames are set up, there is not as much stress support as the normal bimini. At least it does not seem like it when underway.

In the end though, an experienced aluminum welder who also knows boats should be able to give a much better answer based on their experience.

I'm with Jeff. Wait until the replacement parts can be obtained. I'd be skeptical that a weld would hold given where it broke, but I'm not a welder either.

Back