Dealer response to new prop and question on tether switch

I cannot compare because my first ride was with the engine moved up a hole.  I think it drives great and I have no problems with prop blowout.  I guess maybe if you are going to take a sharp corner you just trim down some.  I had a ski boat before this and I had to do that anyway, I think it is just a normal driving procedure.  On my ski boat my thumb was always on the trim button, I don't think these outboards need as much playing with the trim though.  Have a read of this link if you have not already

http://www.veradoclub.com/index.php?topic=137.0

Yeah, I have seen that link, I agree on the trim. My last boat with twin 300's was the same in turns. I think Iwill go up a hole when it comes out of the water. Thanks...

Thanks guys for the additional info!! Leaning even more heavily now towards raising it slightly. We can see the cav plate at speed but it is definitely in the water a little.

Anyone else running a Yamaha 250 SHO with it mounted somewhere other than the top hole (all the way down)?

That's WAY too high!!  ;)
As I said, it runs great, no issues at that height at all. I do always trim down in turns as a matter of habit from my previous boats.

I was thinking the holes were drilled in the transom plate using the engine's mounting holes as a template.  I just know my F150 engine's sitting 3/4" above the lowest mounting point, which would be up one hole on the engine mount.  And it's perfect for my model boat, engine and propeller.

After you lift the engine, if it doesn't perform well (ventilates) you can always easily drop it back down a notch.

If I was running a big, big outboard, I'd be investing in a hydraulic motor mount--like an Atlas.  We ask that pontoons/tritoons be everything to everybody and power trim alone cannot handle every loading situation.  Boats are all just one big rigging compromise and a hydraulic mount is just so infinitely adjustable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back