Docking lines

I used standard for docking, more piece of mind. I've seen too many crazies rock the docks. On one instance a huge cabin cruiser was about 25 yards from a floating restaurant at full tilt, they snapped rafters. I used the bungee when on the lift in the event the lift failed, my boat would stay in thee slip.

I use bungee types only as extra lines if I am in the boat or standing on the dock. Solid lines give you much better control during docking IMHO.

Plus 2 on standard 

Standard

Standard

6 standard....

Thanks everyone, I stopped down at our local marine supply house and picked up two standard dock lines.  

I appreciate all the expertise!

I would also pick up extras .

I have extras 15 and 25 ft .You never know when you may need them .

Good idea, will do.  We've never moored up to any other boat before, but I have a feeling we might have that happen now with the new boat.  Could be wrong, but I'd like to be ready if so...

I keep them  in case , I pull up to a dock that I am not familiar with ( restaurant or such ) and need a longer line 

Just be VERY careful when rafting up to pontoons. With essentially flat sides, it's much different than glass boats due to the larger contact area. At least around here, some owners of older and/or less premium pontoons view theirs as "knock around" boats and don't worry about a few dings. Owners also tend to send other less experienced family members out on them with the keys and more than ample beer supply.

And for rafting up get the BIG fenders

Back