Does the Sony M60UI USB charge an iPhone?

ct0218

Reaction score
I was tuned into Pandora on my iPhone, playing through the Sony stereo, and noticed that my iPhone was steadily discharging. The music played fine, but it did not charge the phone at all. Shouldn't the connection charge the phone? The discharge was slow, like maybe it was slightly charging, but not enough to increase the battery level. Anyone else have this problem?

I had the same type of situation in my car . Are you using an "Apple certified  cord " ? I found out the hard way it does make a difference .

Some of the after market are not recognized by an apple device 

Mine charges, and I do have a Griffin cord. Like Jack said it can make a difference.

Griffin  works . Cheap ones do not . It is even more of an compatibility  issue with the "lightning " connector .

Yeah, last thing you want is a cheapo charger snapping off inside the connector.

I'm not sure about the sync cord. I know it charges, I have used it before and it charged OK. What I haven't tried is what I was doing today---two processes at once. I'm aware of some cords charging but not syncing with a computer etc., but this is just the reverse. I have a bunch of these cords, one in every vehicle, both boats, a couple places at home, etc., and I have no idea where I bought all of them. I'll try a couple different cords tomorrow and see how they do. Thanks for the help!

Well, I tried a different sync cord and it does charge. This is a first for me. I have often heard that a cheap non-certified cord would charge but maybe not transmit data, but this one did just the opposite. Maybe one of the wires is broken inside, or the contact is messed up. Whatever the case, it works OK now.

Good to know and a heads up for others .

Well, I tried a different sync cord and it does charge. This is a first for me. I have often heard that a cheap non-certified cord would charge but maybe not transmit data, but this one did just the opposite. Maybe one of the wires is broken inside, or the contact is messed up. Whatever the case, it works OK now.

apple is as apple does....using certified cables with any apple device is a must. If you went and bought the best product , ipod, iPhone or ipad,  buy the appropriate apple cord,

Back