Double Bimini

Hoss

Reaction score
I have a 2012 2075Gli and have a single factory bimini. Has anyone added a second factory front bimini to their boat or do I have to change both of them are they different. Hoss

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something to address first with your dealer. TB may chime in, but the dealer, if unsure, can contact Bennington direct and get info and pricing.

You would have to purchase it from them anyhow, as Bennington is direct to dealer parts only. TB did post up in another post that the double bimini does have the strut placement changed (on a GCW) so it may affect your model alike.

If the dealer is unable to get you the answer you need, then address it further here, but that is really where you need to get the ball rolling.

Smitty

Hoss,

We had the second bimini added at our dealer on our 2012 22 SSI Bennington. They added a zipper to the original bimini and used the hardware from Bennington. Looks like a factory job. You can see pictures of it in the gallery!

Riverbill

Hoss,

I don't know if you got my email yesterday or not, but I bought a Bimini Buddy for our 2275 GCW, which was an excellent quality product. They use Sunshade fabric, which was a close match to our existing black top. The fasteners work well and the top installs and comes down quickly.

When I asked the same question last summer Riverbill sent me the same answer and I am going to follow his lead this spring. I have found a boat upholsterer and he is going to cut off the Bimini Buddy top, which is several inches too long and put a zipper between the two tops for a better fit. So for less than $650 I got a second top that can be used or taken off and stored under the seats.

There is a short video on youtube that demonstrates how the Bimini Buddy works. If I can recover the pictures from my old cell phone I will send them to you. Good luck.

Royo

Back