Double Bimini

I don't think there is a preference. I know a lot of the guys have doubles. In my case I just went with the overall boat and it did not have the double on it. If I had a preference I think it would be for a single 12 footer over the 10 footer. But that's just me. My lady likes to sun on the front lounger so I doubt we would use the double much.

My wife loves the sun so the 10' bimini works for us. That is one of the reasons we are not going to go with the hybrid top, there is always shade.

Another 10 years might need a double, but we still like the sun that we hardly use our single. Matter of fact, I think the only time we use it is when my mom comes out on the boat.

I would have had a double bimini if we had a choice when we bought our boat...............

I have a 9' single but am in the process of adding the forward bimini. I have the frame mounted to the rails and have the fabric ready for the canvas guy to sew together. I'll have my double next season.

We have the double bimini and are very glad we do. It is very hot where we go in California and Arizona, the seats and floor would be too hot to tolerate. There is still plenty of sun in the rear lounger area or front depending on the direction of the sun. The double bimini is also needed if you have the camping enclosure.

My last Bennington only had the single bimini. So, I wasn't going to get the double bimini when I put my order together for the new boat, but my Irish fair skinned family requested that I do so. It has worked out great. Many more family members have been able to enjoy the boat without getting sun burnt. If you are in a sunny area, I would go for it, oh I did.

Welcome GWLK Hello from the Adirondacks, good to see another NY

I have a 9' single but am in the process of adding the forward bimini. I have the frame mounted to the rails and have the fabric ready for the canvas guy to sew together. I'll have my double next season.
Post a pix when you finish Dan, want to see

Hey - I have a double bimini (and actually looks like the same boat as you!) and we think it is absolutely necessary. Have lived a lot of years in South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Texas and of the four, Texas is the hottest both in terms of temperature and consecutive days of "solar beat down". Only problem with the double bimini is the "sail" effect when docking or loading back on trailer.

We wanted the double bimini but when we ordered our boat it was not an option on the fishing boats. Something about the side gate? I think I would rather of had the dbl and the full cabin enclosure but settled for the single and the slant cabin only draw back is how hard it is to see out the front.

The double was not an option for our QCW 2575 outboard due to the furniture/railing setup.

Jack

Its almost a must have here in Texas, the rear sundeck provides sun if we want to lounge and even the captain chairs upfront depending on where the sun is positioned. Having them has allowed more of my friends with smaller kids come out not having to worry about full exposure all day!

Our front bimini was in the fully lowered position with a strap tied on but the strap came loose and the bimini flew off onto the freeway and is completely ruined. Where do we get a new one frame and all for 2575 RLI?

Back