Dual Elliptical Owners - What are your hauling / storage solutions?

The guy who bought our 2013 drove all the way from NY with a Wolverine trailer, loaded it up and drove all the way back. I thought of that just now. In this forum and elsewhere on the web there is always going to be those who state it is best to have a f350 diesel and a gooseneck trailer to tow a craftsman lawnmower. We're all just gals and dudes stating an opinion and what ticked in our brain to make us act in a certain way. Whether that it is right or wrong is often unknown and our theories are often un challenged. There can be overkill and you can go too small or under equipped as well. At the end of the day you have to feel happy with your purchase. Don't feel guilty buying a certain brand because of what some think or others have bought. Take the time to really calculate your needs. Just winter storage, I'm sure the wolverine will do its job, Towing thousands of miles a year, might want to consider other options. Also make sure to follow state laws regarding trailer brakes and don't skimp on liability insurance. You can have the best equipment but if you carry state limits and a tire blows and causes an accident, you'll be worse off than the guy with cheaper equipment, great insurance and the same blown tire. And no disrespect to anyone referencing better quality equipment. This trailer manufacturer clearly states on their website it is a value brand, any buyer should know what they are getting compared to a trailer twice the cost.

Keep in mind I have full access to use the Trailer from Wilson Marine since I purchased my boat there...  I could always use that for Hauling.  I just need something to set the boat on for the winter...  Hard to justify the cost when I know I most likely will only use a couple times per year and I could do that for free borrowing the dealer's trailer....  I wish there was a way to get it OFF of a float on trailer without a hi-low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kells

Sorry for coming to this late.  What are your issues with trailering your set up?  I bought a trailer for mine and I have the twin elips. Float on with each elip tube setting on bunks and this is what I store it on in the winter in a indoor barn. 

Are you saying the typical trailer that goes between the tubes and cranks up and makes contact with the deck and that's how you haul the boat in and out of the water doesn't work for you?  You feel this set up is too "wobbly" and the fear is the boat falling off the trailer?

Just want to get the facts before I talk to my marina guy who hauls in and out 30 pontoon boat a year to get his opinon on what he would use for a twin elip boat

Let me know and I will ask the question for you.

Todd

Todd,

you are exactly right. I can't even find a crank up option because we only have 39" between the tubes and those trailers are made a minimum of 44" Wide....

Kells

That is exactly what my trailer looks like. I have the twin 32" eclip set up.

Todd

Back