Electric Bemini Top

I don't have it on my 2018 R23. Approximately how much would it cost to add it?

I don't have it on my 2018 R23. Approximately how much would it cost to add it?

You would have to contact your local dealer.

I have it. I bought a leftover boat spec'd out by the dealer. I would not have ordered it and if the boat didn't have it, I would not miss it much. If you have to duck under bridges EVERY TRIP then I would say go ahead and get it because that's where it shines but otherwise MEH.

I actually asked my dealer if he could get me a couple of the 30 inch posts that go to the rear attachment point so I could install them like the regular biminis. The reason is when you want to retract this, only the front pole is powered and stays where you put it. The rest are loose and will collapse all the way down, nothing stopping it from bopping passengers in the head, nothing holding it at a nice height so you can slip the bimini cover on. It's actually MORE work to put the cover on this than a conventional bimini.

I thought I was going to order it as well , but I was talked out of it by the salesman. The electric Bimini is one of the few options my dealer does not like to recommend. They have had too many break due to it having plastic gears. The way the new regular bimini tops go up and down is super easy and fast. Unless you are unable to put it up and down manually, maybe not a necessity.

We ordered the electric Bimini when we purchased our 25 ft. Bennington in 2015. I have bad shoulders so I needed it. We have the only one on our lake in Highland (Duck Lake) that I'm aware of. Its great when we go under a bridge. It has not failed us once when running at top speed with my 115 hp Yamaha. We will definitely order it again when we order our next Bennington.
If Bennington is monitoring this site, please let me know the cost of a replacement top cover as ours is wearing out.

You would have to go through a Bennington dealer or a local canvas shop .Bennington does not sell parts directly to the public

I wouldn't be without it.
Word of advice...Keep a 5/32" allen wrench on the pontoon. In the event of component failure, simply removing 8 button head bolts and unplugging anchor light power allows entire bimini to slide right off.

Last edited:
I have a 2019 GSR without power Bimini. Tried to use cover from same boat but one that had power and the cover had much larger holes for power unit. Not sure if that is on all units, but my situation had different cover cutouts.

I wouldn't be without it.
Word of advice...Keep a 5/32" allen wrench on the pontoon. In the event of component failure, simply removing 8 button head bolts and unplugging anchor light power allows entire bimini to slide right off.
I have an issue with the electric Bimini on my 2015 25 ft. G series Bennington not going up, but I can hear the motor running when I push the Down button. So I replaced the two batteries for my pontoon and the problem persists. Does anyone know what the problem might be, because it has worked great since I purchased the pontoon. I pushed the reset button set below the UP/DOWN switch to no avail. Should I contact a Bennington rep or go through my local marine dealer where I purchased the Bennington? I hate to have a Service rep visit and all he does is push a button I don't see.

Talk to your dealer 1st . If the motor is running, the gears could be stripped.

My ”guess” is your actuator is stripped/shot. Thus, you might hear the motor working, but it wont work. They can replace those. A little pricey if I remember, but it is repairable. The boat would go into the dealership for that repair.

There’s probably not many manufacturers of electric pontoon bikinis. Sureshade has power Bimini tops (formerly PWR-ARM) and parts are available through Lippert. If you are mechanically inclined you can probably do it yourself. Verify parts are a match before proceeding. Here’s link to Lipperts part page. https://store.lci1.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=power+bimini

I have an issue with the electric Bimini on my 2015 25 ft. G series Bennington not going up, but I can hear the motor running when I push the Down button. So I replaced the two batteries for my pontoon and the problem persists. Does anyone know what the problem might be, because it has worked great since I purchased the pontoon. I pushed the reset button set below the UP/DOWN switch to no avail. Should I contact a Bennington rep or go through my local marine dealer where I purchased the Bennington? I hate to have a Service rep visit and all he does is push a button I don't see.
I spoke with Dealer Service dept. this morning. They asked if I tried to lift the Bimini and at the same time push the up button. I did just that and it started up. I stopped it after elevating 2 feet, was happy then dropped it down to see if it would continue to go up again. BIG MISTAKE. I should have exercised it more because now it wont elevate even when trying to lift the Bimini. The Dealer Service dept is sending a tech out to take a look. Hope its something small.

My ”guess” is your actuator is stripped/shot. Thus, you might hear the motor working, but it wont work. They can replace those. A little pricey if I remember, but it is repairable. The boat would go into the dealership for that repair.
I spoke with Dealer Service dept. this morning. They asked if I tried to lift the Bimini and at the same time push the up button. I did just that and it started up. I stopped it after elevating 2 feet, was happy then dropped it down to see if it would continue to go up again. BIG MISTAKE. I should have exercised it more because now it wont elevate even when trying to lift the Bimini. The Dealer Service dept is sending a tech out to take a look. Hope its something small.

So get this...the dealer sent a tech out to see why my electric Bimini would not elevate....it wasn't the actuator. it was the Switch (The push Up/Down) electric lines were somewhat corroded. He cleaned them and up it went...He is ordering me a new switch plate though since the letters are fading off. Thank goodness he knew what he was doing and checked electrical first.

Back