Electric Bimini

Welcome! Tell us a bit more about yourself!

Worth every penny, they are!

Funny how it doesn’t take much to get a thread started. I added electric actuators to the top on the boat up north. Well worth the money ($700) and my labor.
So you took the stock top and added actuators????
Link please!!!!!!!
I have curved Bimini and want to switch to electric.

I just found a actuator service part now. https://store.lci1.com/sureshade-power-bimini-actuator-sure-shade-pwr-actuator.html. It was not my source two years ago. My source was a back door overstock kind of thing. I also needed to scrounge the switch and the circuit breaker. I remember the circuit breaker being hard to find because it was only 4 amp. The travel of the opened top is limited by the non powered upright. That upright plugs into a pivoting stub that was part of the assembly that I bought. The geometry of that stub determines the travel stop. Every different application requires a different stub. I had to rework the stub that came with my assembly to fit my application. That stub is not shown in the photograph in the link. You may have make your own pivoting stub to fit your application. This is a long winded way of saying “some assembly required”.

I would also add “past results may not predict your results”
I’m impressed.

Back