Electrical issue - horn etc

Simple@zoom

Reaction score
I have a 2010 2575RL IO - horn, port dock lights and courtesy light on side of helm station have stopped working. Ideas needed!

I just had my boat delivered sat and the driver mentioned something about a reset at the battery. Might be something there. Just an idea as I doubt all circuits went at once.

+1, I would also check the fuses.

Welcome aboard Simple!

Being a newer boat, your warranty covers these issues, and if possible, you should have your dealer look into it first.

If for some reason going to your dealer is not an option, look in the Tech section, you should find a wiring diagram for your boat there. Print it off and get busy looking for the common fuse or connector that pertains to the items that don't work.

If you are not inclined to search for it yourself, find a friend or local marina mechanic to read the wiring diagram and look for the problem.

I am sure it is not a serious problem, and should be an easy fix. Let us know what you find!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a grounding issue to me. The source of power to the dock lights is the same, so it is odd for only one side to work. The helm is the common point to all of the symptoms, so I'd start by checking the grounds under the helm beneath the instrument cluster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, sounds like ground issues. I just had the horn die on mine, well kinda, sometimes it works, most times not. I'm going to start with the ground and work my way toward horn. I looked at "newer" schematics, and ground looks universal, but that could be a bus bar.

I'm thinking your port light might be a bulb, or you noted "lights". Are you talking the front "docking" lights? Or do you have port side "dock" lights ?

All problems now solved. Thanks for suggestions. FYI it was 3 separate issues:

Courtesy light - stupid me - nav switch needed to be on - found solution in manual.

Horn - changed switch (broke tab on it when disconnecting wires to do a bypass test) but that was not the problem. Remembered that I had never tried to use the horn before this year. Found that it apparently had never been connected at the horn itself - connections just laying on conduit. Contorted hands and slid two connections on to horn under deck at starboard bow.

Port Docking light. Found loose/separated connection - wire pulled out of connector to 3 wires from three dock lights. This had not worked since 2 years ago but I hardly ever use dock lights anyway. Will reconnect permanently tomorrow.

Thanks again for suggestions - helped me think thru options.

Excellent .... Glad it worked out so easy.

Thanks for posting the solution to your problems. Many people ask a question and get a bunch of replies and then............they're gone. It's good info for other people to post up the solution.

Back