Electronics questions

Manitowish1

Reaction score
Launched the Benny on Friday, spent the day boating, so today I am starting to famiarize myself with all of the electronics and I have two questions that hopefully some one can answer for me.

1. I have the satellite ready radio set up, includes the Sirrius antenna on the helm, below the helm there are 2 Sirrius boxes, so I am assuming the boat is completely set up for satellite radio, however when I go to the radio and search through the modes there is no satellite radio mode that provides the DIN # that I can give to Sirrius to start service. Any help?

2. I have the Garmin 431S, in the manual it shows on the "Home" screen that I should see "Charts", "Sonar", "Charts & Sonar", and additional items. My 431 home screen does not show Sonar, or Charts & Sonar like the manual indicates so I cannot highlight and choose.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, Happy Memorial Day to all.

Jeff

Jeff,

Not sure on the Sirius question, but on my Garmin 547XS if the transducer is not plugged in either at the stern or into the head unit you get a brief error message to that effect on startup and those sonar pages just do not appear. Perhaps a loose connection on one end or the other for the transducer. Just be sure it's powered off when you do it or bad things can apparently happen.

Tom

One of the modes is SR, then scroll through the title and it will provide the ID?

Thanks for the kind replies and suggestions. I crawled under the helm yesterday to check things out, (Note to self, I am not 20 years old any more.) and started checking things out. Lo and behold, I found the transducer cable had not been hooked up to the Garmin, the Sirrius receiver has not been connected to power. Remember one of my last posts where I mention my dealer sucked? I also found the refrigerator was never hooked up, and the on board battery charger for the refrigerator battery was never hooked up. So I spent some time prepping "Wicked" myself and all is fine.

The boat really is wicked and I could not be happier. Top speed so far with 4 on board and one dog, plus a full tank of fuel is 44MPH verified by GPS. A little more break in time, playing with trim, and then fine tuning the prop and I am more confident that 50MPH is achievable.

Glad to hear you got it straightened out ...

Back