End of Season

Yeah. Nothing like getting a bite to eat on Duval street and seeing all that go by. We were staying up at Hawks Cay so we so we escaped the mayhem at night.

Was on the boat Saturday and Sunday in KY.  Pulled the boat.  It will sit until dock day on Oct 15.  If great weather, we will have 1 last boating, then it goes to winter storage. 

Dealer called Saturday. Scheduled to come out week of the 24th. Hopefully get another weekend or two before it goes to its new home. 

Take lots of pictures of the final voyage!

Our boat has been out a week now back on the trailer. Took everything out and is in the garage. Rain from the outer bands of Hurricane Matthew pelted us for about a day and a half. The new playpen cover did its job but a little rain got through where it wraps around the bimini struts. Got to shore that up somehow...............

Still plenty of boats out on the lake. But for us when it gets too cold to swim..........we're pretty much done.

We feel the same way BigKahuna, not a fan of cool weather boating.  As we go down to Florida we are going to spend the first winter without a boat until we see if we really would enjoy boating in that weather as I see that December average temp is only 73, Jan 71, and Feb 73. 

OMG! You're gonna be freezing!  :)

That's what I'm thinking, Carl. If it's 70% in December, the bottom of my boat is going to be wet!

I know that sounds crazy but when we have gone out when the temperature is low 70's and I am flying along at my usual 12mph there is quite a stiff cold wind :p

Get a boat Link! Then you can run a non profit and write it off. You take in chilly boat owners from the north during winter and take them out on the water. It would be a mental health program of sorts.

We feel the same way BigKahuna, not a fan of cool weather boating.  As we go down to Florida we are going to spend the first winter without a boat until we see if we really would enjoy boating in that weather as I see that December average temp is only 73, Jan 71, and Feb 73. 

What body of water is near you in Cocoa Beach other than the ocean?!?

BK - We are minutes from the Indian River and Banana River.  both of which have access to the Ocean and other intercostal

Thanks for the idea Lakeliving, want to be my first customer?

BK - We are minutes from the Indian River and Banana River.  both of which have access to the Ocean and other intercostal

Thanks for the idea Lakeliving, want to be my first customer?

Heck yeah! My wife hates the winter here in MI. We actually have been looking at buying an rv and putting it somewhere down in FL near water for a few months for her to stay in. I'd work remote and take some vacation time here and there and see her and the little guy. Problem is one spot wanted 1500 a month for a slab to park on by the water. I cannot remember the name but it was on the east coast. Something with an island in the name.

Steal All Your Money Island?

On our cesspool of a lake monthly spots are $700. BUT, it does come with a bar and you can drive a golf cart only if your under the age of 8 or if you're drunk. Otherwise stay off the road!

Heck yeah! My wife hates the winter here in MI. We actually have been looking at buying an rv and putting it somewhere down in FL near water for a few months for her to stay in. I'd work remote and take some vacation time here and there and see her and the little guy. Problem is one spot wanted 1500 a month for a slab to park on by the water. I cannot remember the name but it was on the east coast. Something with an island in the name.

We are actually in Merritt Island not Cocoa Beach.  It is the Barrier Island above Cocoa Beach.  We have friends coming doem in an RV to visit.  They wanted to stay here in Cape Canaveral, beautiful RV park on the ocean but they said there was a 2 year waiting list http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/camp_index  They ended up booking about 40 minutes away in Titusville here http://www.brevardcounty.us/ParksRecreation/Campgrounds/ManateeHammock/Home

If you have interest let me know so we can hook up

I'll let you know Mark. We really like Hollywood fl too. There is a beautiful boardwalk and an awesome taco place. 

Wow...NC folks, I can't believe you're giving up on boating.  I actually took a day off tomorrow to go boating.  I LOVE this weather!!

This coming Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are supposed to be in the mid 80's here and sunny.  The high today was 58 and very overcast and damp.  Maybe it's still la nina affecting the weather patterns in the mid-south...who knows, and, I'll believe three days in a row when they get here, if you know what I mean.  I can see us going for homemade pizza 6.5 miles up the lake at our new favorite small town lakeside restaurant at the Pontiac Cove Marina in Missouri.  Then maybe out again on Monday or Tuesday...or both!

Back