End of Summer Hours!

Still at 104.3... :( have not been out since Sunday.

Took delivery early May. Right around 33 hours. Small lake so much time is spent drifting, anchored.

Though it was wet and cool this summer I was able to get 75 hours in ....

Looking forward to more before I pull out in October  :)
Hey Pittsburgh, last night I watched Andrew Zimmerman's Bizarre Foods in America and they featured Pittsburgh. Show started off with a night time catfish expedition. They parked in the middle of the city on a major city street, loaded up a customized kids wagon and walked down a ramp to the water and proceeded to fish. You could see the cityscape across the water. It was really cool and I would not be surprised if Kathy and I take a trip to Pittsburgh to see for ourselves

Boat went in the water the 1st weekend in June and we are at 82 hours for the season so far.  Might hit 100 for the year.  Hopefully, September and October will be OK, weather wise.

I need to get it together, I'm way behind everyone

Our problem is not winter, Corp of Engineers lowers our lake levels starting October 1st.

At 34.2 since 6/24/2014.  Hoping to get out some more tomorrow and Sunday.....   It was also in the dealers hands for 1 week with minor repairs and 20 hr maintenance being done, so lost some time there.

Now the next interesting question --  How many trailering miles did it take to get those hours??

Oddly I was able to remember everywhere I trailered and just used Google Maps to get the distances.  Rounded, it was 935 miles in trailering!!!!  If I averaged only highway miles at 65mph, that would be 14.4 hours driving around, just to get the 34.2 hours on the boat!!!

Anyone else trailer that much by chance???

Now the next interesting question --  How many trailering miles did it take to get those hours??
Zero ,I am at a marina 8 miles from our house .

Now the next interesting question -- How many trailering miles did it take to get those hours??

12 miles to the marina at the beginning of the season and 12 back home at the end. Next year we'll try and do a trip up to Lake George

My response is imbedded in my member name! With that said we typically hit another local lake a couple times a year so maybe 3 hours total during the season.

In an effort to protect this beautiful 32 mile lake Lake George has now enforced entry inspections to prevent the transport of Invasive Species.  In addition they have many types of programs to address all concerns.  I heard that they be one of the first to utilize computer data points for live time monitoring.  This is the LGA's website; http://www.lakegeorgeassociation.org/

We are on Sacandaga because lakeside property is out of the reach for most

In an effort to protect this beautiful 32 mile lake Lake George has now enforced entry inspections to prevent the transport of Invasive Species.  In addition they have many types of programs to address all concerns.  I heard that they be one of the first to utilize computer data points for live time monitoring.  This is the LGA's website; http://www.lakegeorgeassociation.org/

We are on Sacandaga because lakeside property is out of the reach for most
Link

Thanks for the Heads Up,

Took delivery Aug 1, but have been busy. Only have 10 hours. Went out today. It was 110 with the water 83. However, we boat year round. Our favorite time is mid Sept to June. Hence, we are just getting into our favorite boating season. It is less crowded and a bit cooler. It is a zoo on the holiday weekends. Had a few skaters and outerlimits run by us a few times today. They had to of been going 120mph or better. Awesome. I enjoy watching them. I didn't like what happened at LOTO-very sad.

Cheers, Steve

Took delivery late June 2013. Trailer to the lakes. Have one 5 miles from the house. River fed and can be very murky at time with silt run off. It's about 7 miles long. Took three trips to larger lakes Water temp here runs 83+. Since the first launch we're at 109 hours and loved every minute. Had it at Lake Murray in central SC. last week and mile wise we covered 68 miles in three days with a lot of swimming

We put about 30 hrs on ours last year and 32 so far this year. We spend hours parked in coves or by the cliffs anchored so not a lot of running around. I think we'll probably call it a season sometime in October. We were out last weekend and TVA is starting to drop the lake levels already on Norris but the water temp is still in the 82-83 degree range. It didn't get as hot this year here either but we've had a good season.

Jealous of these water temps.  Our favorite lake struggled to get past 70 this year.  Doesn't stop us from diving in!

Back