Engine delays...question on switching 175 to 150hp

My 23SSRCX w/ SPS arrived a couple weeks ago (super excited, can’t wait to share pics with all of you) but no 175vmax yet. Ordered back in October. Talked to my dealer today and he has no prediction when the motor will arrive. He did say he has a 150vmax in stock that I could have instead, now.

So, 150vmax now or wait unknown time for the 175vmax...any advice helps!

for reference, I initially planned on a 150 but on this forum I was convinced of “for a few hundred dollars more why not get a 175!?”

thanks!
Hi. I am also waiting on a 175vmax. Have you heard any updates? Thanks!

Hi. I am also waiting on a 175vmax. Have you heard any updates? Thanks!

Neither my dealer nor the Bennington rep had any updates on my 175vmax, so I went with the 150vmax my dealer offered me. As of last week still no update on my original 175. I'm very happy with the 150 so far...thanks for everyone's input. I hope you get yours soon, enevs22.

Neither my dealer nor the Bennington rep had any updates on my 175vmax, so I went with the 150vmax my dealer offered me. As of last week still no update on my original 175. I'm very happy with the 150 so far...thanks for everyone's input. I hope you get yours soon, enevs22.
You'll be happy with the 150. I can hit 40 mph with mine and that's all I really need.

When we ordered our boat I wanted to put the 175hp on it and our dealer talked me out of it. The small amount of additional usable power wasn’t worth the extra cost. We have known the dealers family for some time and trusted their advise. I have never looked back. You made an excellent choice.

Back