Engine hours

mrob

Reaction score
2011 150 Yamaha with 300 hours.  It is on a 2012 tritoon.  He has receipts of yearly maintenance.  Normal hours?  Picking up next weekend.  Just having some second thoughts.  Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
WE easily put over 50 hours a year on our boat, so that doesn't seem out of line to me.  If maintained properly, that outboard hundreds of more hours for you.

300 hours is nothing on an outboard.

300 hours is nothing on an outboard.

Yes, especially on that Yamaha 150. They are workhorses, good for thousands of hours if properly maintained.

We have a 2016 F90 with 130 hours already so I would think on a 2011 that is pretty good. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2014 F200 has 238 hours. Don't sweat it.

On a car 12-15k miles/year is considered average when considering the value. I have been told that 50 hours/year is considered average for a boat when considering the value.

Our 2014 yamaha 150 has almost 400 hours on it.....398.6 to be exact.  It hasn't missed a beat in all those hours.  I wouldn't be worried about a 2011 with less than 300 hours on it.  

That boat is the same as the low mileage car owned by the little old lady that only drive it to church on sunday and for a few groceries.

80 on the new 300 Yamaha I dropped in the water in mid April.

June 2016 Yamaha F200, 0 hours...September 4th, 2017 158.4 hours.  I believe my motor runs better this year than last.  They are great motors!

Columbus had one of these on the Pinta, and it is still in service today.

Always thought the Pinta had an inboard.........

20.4 hours on the 150 that I just put in the water a few weeks ago. I had about 220 hours on the 2015 90 HP.

Typically there's an hour meter on the tach or speedo. If you don't have that, and it's a Yami, I belive anything over 90hp can be pulled from the computer.

Mine was just replaced. I wonder if they program the old hours into the new one. My hour gauge still shows the correct total hours.

Back