Express Tube Package or Sport Performance System

Wow. More than double. For a 25% longer center tube. Hope the extras are significant.
You get more than a longer center tube. Different keels, performance foils, lifting strakes, under skinning, hydraulic steering, larger fuel tank...

I think Andy's list highlights all the advantages of the SPS. The fuel tank mounted in the center tube significantly lowers the center of gravity (COG) on a boat. My 22 footer Express had the tank above decks in the rear sun lounger. My 21 foot with SPS has the tank in the tube and it makes a huge difference in handling.

Also, the wake is significantly better controlled with the SPS. My Express blew water out the stern of the boat like 50 firehoses.

You will notice I have refrained from addressing the electric assist steering which is NOT the same as hydraulic assist steering. Since you mention towing adults (and eventually grandkids..... they just seem to happen), you may want to read the following before finalizing your order.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/th...ns-including-hydraulic-and-power-assist.8120/

Wow. More than double. For a 25% longer center tube. Hope the extras are significant.
You also get the transom Mount, fuel tank and all the strokes and performance foils with the price upgrade

I should read the whole post before I reply!!! :)

I agree with Lakeliving but add that the express toon did come with lifting strakes

D901D2A0-D85B-44E1-833C-A20B556C70CC.jpeg
I agree with Lakeliving but add that the express toon did come with lifting strakes

Mine came with strakes, and the fuel tank mounted in the transom section, just in front of the motor. It does ride a little higher in the front, but all in all, I’m still very proud of her.

I think my outer tube strakes were extra. The center tube comes with them. So, that helps level the cost difference too.

On a side note. We just bought our first pontoon/Bennington. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that bimini extension? Thanks.

On a side note. We just bought our first pontoon/Bennington. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that bimini extension? Thanks.

Let's stay close to the topic. Please post your question to the member as a PM or start a new topic.

I'm sorry. I'm new here and trying to learn how to post on here.
Go to main forum page. Click on "Pontoon Forum" which is a sub-topic. In the upper right is a green button that says, "Post New Thread." Click that, add a thread title, ask your question in the body of the message and select "Create Thread" at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you need more help.

You might also try the search function to see if this topic has been previously discussed.

Go to main forum page. Click on "Pontoon Forum" which is a sub-topic. In the upper right is a green button that says, "Post New Thread." Click that, add a thread title, ask your question in the body of the message and select "Create Thread" at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you need more help.

You might also try the search function to see if this topic has been previously discussed.
Thank you for the help!! I found the answer! We can't wait to get our 22SSRX and get back on the water!!

C80534F2-4A91-4D85-8D3A-417340E49BE4.jpeg

We opted for the EPP on our 22SSX w the Yamaha 150. I like the handling and the top speed is 39.9 mph w just me and little cargo and 3/4 fuel. What I don’t like is she sits pretty low in the water, but I do have a 150 back there. Recently had an inconsiderate jerk run the No Wake Zone while I was tied up at a dock. His wake came over the back of my Benny :-(( My next Benny will be the SPP.

Wait until you have 10 people up front. It will level out.

It’s going to take years of therapy to get past not going with a 150

It’s going to take years of therapy to get past not going with a 150
So sorry if I contributed to your therapy costs.

Wait until you have 10 people up front. It will level out.

That’s true, but then I’ll be taking a wake over the bow! :-((

View attachment 21887

We opted for the EPP on our 22SSX w the Yamaha 150. I like the handling and the top speed is 39.9 mph w just me and little cargo and 3/4 fuel. What I don’t like is she sits pretty low in the water, but I do have a 150 back there. Recently had an inconsiderate jerk run the No Wake Zone while I was tied up at a dock. His wake came over the back of my Benny :-(( My next Benny will be the SPP.

Wow, she really does squat down in the back! Is that comparable to any of you other Express Toon people out there?

It looks exactly like mine.

Jumps up on plane quick though. Already pointed at the moon.

It is nice with a loaded boat though. Sits pretty flat, and safer to drive. I would not want a pontoon where the front pointed to the bottom of the lake.

I would not want a pontoon where the front pointed to the bottom of the lake.

That's a good point kd. Mine quickly jumps to plain as well. And when I'm sitting in the rear facing lounger, I can't tell it's sitting low in the back, anyway. :) My eyes are usually shut.

Back