Extended platform needed on 22 SSLX?

We have a 24sslx and love the additional space, not sure I'd do without it. I think I'd ship center storage rather then no aft. Ext. As for the graphite to white eveinrude, the white is just their standard and they're hitting for the less used color. Spend that extra on an HO rather then color, you'll be much happier with the results. We have black panels with a charcoal accent and sea grass flooring, I was afraid the white would be an issue and blends just fine. Also have the same ski tow bar and that good for strapping a inflated tub to as well as pulling plus it's a great spot for rod holders too!

The thing is, if I go with the extended deck, I can go with the $550 ski tow bar. Without extended deck, the only listed option is the big Turboswing which is $1000! Any other options?

If you figure in the 1000 you're going to spend on the extended deck you can save 450 for the tow bar instead of the 1000 swing.  Looks to me like a wash and for that as a second reason I'd opt for the extended deck.

Just ordering my first pontoon, a 2017 SSLX with SPS and 150 HP Evinrude Pontoon Series.

With the SSLX, I think there is enough extra deck room on the starboard side that the extended deck isn't really needed. I won't be fishing but will be docking on the port side. Is it still worth getting the extended deck? Will it make docking $1000 easier?

Also, I wish someone could explain what the whopping $400 difference is between the Evinrude graphite vs white. Makes me want to go with a light coloured boat, but we are leaning towards Smokey Granite with or without an accent panel. We will go with the Sandstone vinyl, so I suppose that could coordinate with a white motor - I know its a personal decision.

Thanks to all of you already, I have pored over this forum multiple times while making a decision on which manufacturer to go with!

Consider a 24 SSLX ? Get some extra room that way also.

Count us in as believers. We love ours. Wouldn't want to be without it.

I have asked the dealer to give me two prices: One with just my "needs" and one with my "wants". We'll see how much extra the wants are, of course amortize over, what, 25 years?! Something tells me I'm getting an extended deck....

P.S. Indian_Lake_Bum I like your colour scheme. The champagne really takes on a different colour in different lights. May go with Granite instead as the main colour for ours. I like the idea of Granite with Green accent, but can't find a photo of one online to check out.

I doubt you'll see conventional over 10 years if boats $30-50K. Maybe a HE loan for 25. Even so, at 10 years, you are looking at appx $8-$10/mo for $1000 at 10 years (at appx 5% rate). I've been running the numbers for 5 months and locked in at 4.59%. Cheapest rate I could find without jumping through 12 hoops. 

Make sure you look at your "wants" in the S vs G. Some of the wants in S may be standard in G and price may not be far off in difference of the 2 models. 

Some new 2017 BM vids on the u tube, this one shows a standard stern with the standard tow bar, 3:02 mark.   

Back