Extended Warranty

kaydano

Reaction score
I saw in another post that someone got the extended warranty coverage on their 2012 model, which I also have, but we bought ours over a year ago (Aug 2011).

Anyone know what the cutoff is for qualifying? Is it by model year? Or by purchase date?

Thanks!

I would check with MFG. My 2012 Yamaha came with extended,
I think he's talking about Bennington extending their warranty from 5 years to 7 years when you join the Club.

Engine manufacturers typically offer their own programs separately during the boat show season.

Yes, I was talking about Bennington, not the motor manufacturer, but I wasn't clear in my post.

Someone on another thread here said their 2012 (boat :) ) was covered though... I can email my dealer and see what they say.

New Bennington boats originally sold and warranty registered after August 6, 2012, receive our 7-year bow-to-stern warranty. This includes 2013 serial numbers and non-current 2012 models! Owners must join Club Bennington to receive additional 2 years. TB

Last edited:
Do we then notify Bennington to receive the extended warranty?

Once you join and enter your boat info (serial # etc.) they will send you a letter along with a membership card and extended warranty information. It took about 6 weeks to receive my information.

Once you join and enter your boat info (serial # etc.) they will send you a letter along with a membership card and extended warranty information. It took about 6 weeks to receive my information.
Where do I enter our boat info? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'm curious on the same. Our's just came in and I want to get the information off of it that I need for the extra two years when I go check it out in a couple days. Maybe TB can start a sticky or thread as I'm sure there will be alot of 2013 owners looking to join the club after all the boat show sales.

Me too. I just purchased a new 2012. The dealer told me to join Club Bennington. I have done that, but I don't know where to enter the boat info. When I created this account, it did not ask?

Please help

Thank you Nap22. That is the correct link. I just registered. I did enter my boat and motor info.

Will they send me something in writing now about the 7 year extended warranty?

Thanks...

Charles, I think the next step would be an email. I think they have run into some glitches that need fixed in their programming. Have some patience with them while they get this new system in place. Bennington will have all your info from when the dealer submits your paperwork so there is no question that you will be covered but only when you will have confirmation of the extended warranty.

You'll also get a club card.

And a warm fuzzy feeling inside for being a part of the group! Hehe

I didnt get any paper work thats says 7 year warranty on my 2013

Where do I add my boat info ?

I am already a member

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Back