EZ Anchor Puller .

Jack M

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this ?

RETRACTABLE TRITOON ANCHORING​

My initial thoughts are that it looks pretty neat. I like the idea A LOT.

Apparent Pros:
- If on a lake or River bottom where that sort of anchor can hold ones boat well, it certainly looks like an elegant and easy to use system.
- Compact and Retractable: A cleaver and slick set up. I really like it.
- Simplicity and Ease: Push button operation is nice. For anyone with mobility and strength concerns, this sure would be nice to have.
- Mounting and Installation: Everything seems flexible and straight forward. Only big challenge is going to be mounting & wiring for those with under-skinning.

Apparent Cons:
- Expensive: The retractable model for larger boats is coming in around $2k. The smaller version is about $1800. Oh boy! It better hold your boat well and be reliable at that price. That is darn pricey for simply dropping & retracting ones anchor.
- Effectiveness & Grip: Ability to hold ones boat could vary with boat size, wind and water conditions and particularly lake bed. You’d certainly want to know it will hold you in advance at the price it sells for.
- Under-skinning: Mounting and wiring would quickly become more involved for many people.
- Anchor Options: Potentially very limiting based on browsing their website. Can the system hold bigger and different anchor styles???

Anchor Options:
Poking around on their website, it looks like they have 20 & 30 pound mushroom/drum anchor options. Based on video they are using 1 or the other weight/size. I wonder if that is the max anchor size, type and weight you can use with the system? Could it handle a heavier mushroom anchor? For those that a mushroom anchor doesn’t hold their boat (probably many people), are there any other styles that could work with the system? At $1800-2,000, that’s a potentially VERY limiting factor.

I think if you had mobility challenges or strength limitations for any reason (such as age, injury, medical condition), something like this would be wonderful. A potential game changer. Outside of that though, I wonder if the expense and potential anchor limitations are otherwise detracting factors for many other people?

I have a friend who appears to be in the process of buying one ☝️

I have a friend who appears to be in the process of buying one ☝️
If your friend does, please report back. The system sure is neat looking, and certianly easy to use if it will hold your boat. The price quickly caught my attention vs. the potential anchor limitations.

Maybe someone in the forum already has it and will chime in. Seems like the type of thing someone would have shared in here if they have it. Especially if they like it.

Keep us posted on your friend!?! Intriguing product.

I am calling them in a few minutes . Then off to my dealer to check on installation .

That friend is JACK

That friend is JACK
I called them , they emailed me all the dimensions and installation instructions ,that I forwarded to my dealer . They will get back with me in a few days with the installation quote .

I called them , they emailed me all the dimensions and installation instructions ,that I forwarded to my dealer . They will get back with me in a few days with the installation quote .
Awesome. REALLY looking forward to hearing all the details from you. I guess we‘ll have the best kind of first hand reports coming in on this product. :cool:

I do have a warranty concern about drilling Into the cross members . I'll contact Bennington tomorrow

I do have a warranty concern about drilling Into the cross members . I'll contact Bennington tomorrow
Good to double check. I don’t suspect it would be an issue for a modification such as this anchor system. Heck, adding Sea Legs (or Ultra Legs or Hewitt Legs) doesn’t negate the warranty, so I would be shocked if this does. Let us know what they say.

I am passing on the EZ Anchor . My dealer and myself , still have several unanswered questions , installation cost was Not one of them ( $700-$800 ) Will drilling into the crossmembers void the Lifetime Structural Warranty ?I'm waiting for a call back from Bennington on that ( my friend who use to own the dealership " told me don't worry about the warranty ,you don't keep them long enough" ) . The types of required anchors do not hold in my area . I currently use the slide box. The video shows the anchor line rolling up on the spool nice and neat , but the person doing the demonstration is guiding it ,there is no guide on the spool . I am thinking about trying a SandShark shallow water anchor .
Copy_of_XL1__51903.1660326192.jpg

I just got off the phone with Bennington . It would not Void the Warranty unless the anchor itself caused the damage . Before calling he spoke with the engineering department and they Do Not recommend them with higher HP motors due to the water hitting it at higher speeds .I told him that between my dealer and myself that we had just decided against it ,he said that was a good choice .

Before calling he spoke with the engineering department and they Do Not recommend them with higher HP motors due to the water hitting it at higher speeds.
That was my exact thought after seeing the video.

Surprised Bennington hasn’t developed some kind of option on their newer boats yet. Maybe a winch sitting front and center on the bow enclosed in some sort of aerodynamic box? Have a hole in the front of the floor, for the chain to go through, and then have the anchor adhere to the underside of the boat. Just push a button to go up and down. I know it would be in front of the gate but I’m sure some could work around that. From an engineering perspective I have no clue. But at the end of the day playing hard it gets tiring pulling in the anchors. Guess I’m just getting old lol.

Surprised Bennington hasn’t developed some kind of option on their newer boats yet. Maybe a winch sitting front and center on the bow enclosed in some sort of aerodynamic box? Have a hole in the front of the floor, for the chain to go through, and then have the anchor adhere to the underside of the boat. Just push a button to go up and down. I know it would be in front of the gate but I’m sure some could work around that. From an engineering perspective I have no clue. But at the end of the day playing hard it gets tiring pulling in the anchors. Guess I’m just getting old lol.

I have a MinnKota DH40

https://a.co/d/inXNbxr

The wench mounted on the underdeck could be a sea anchor. The image of a pontoon boat slicing effortlessly through the water is dashed if one looks underneath the deck at various speeds. The wakes generated by each bow increase in amplitude when they intersect each other. As speed increases the combined wake will rise up enough to impact the underdeck. As speed continues to increase the impact zone will move rearward and the pelting will increase in intensity. This point of impact is far forward on a tri-toon do to the tube spacing. The location of the winch on this anchor system looks like it will be in the impact zone at modest cruise speeds. Try to imagine dragging the winch thru the water at modest cruise speeds. Of course if we do not see it it is not a problem as we imagine the pontoon boat slicing effortlessly through the water.

Back