Favorite furniture layout & Why

I guess ours is traditional. It's an I/O so that dictates certain parameters.

We like it because it's great for family and friends with lots of open space.
We don't fish much but when we do it works OK for fishing off the bow, the port gate, and off the ski deck via the small stern gate.

My wife doesn't like to ride anything facing backward so the second pic is her favorite place on the boat.

We've had up to 5 adults and 7 grandkids and felt we had plenty of room.

We bought it used from family so we got what we got.
We can't think of a single thing we would change...

View attachment 30634View attachment 30635
My wife dont like facing rear wards either..

I like where the co captain has a comfortable spot next to the helm. Not in front or in back of, but to the side. I like that about ours.

I like where the co captain has a comfortable spot next to the helm. Not in front or in back of, but to the side. I like that about ours

Yeah, that's probably the only thing that would tempt us, but it would be a tough choice vs the extra open space.

We have the L-shape which works perfectly with the power bimini which we love. The power bimini doesn't hit the passengers when lowering it like it would with quad seats or loungers. The changing room/bathroom is nice for the grandkids.

This looks very useful.
Way more so than small stools!
I didn't know you had the table model but I never saw it with 2 chairs. What model designation is it?!?

First, what are your anticipated pontoon boat uses? Age and personality of family and guests that will typically ride on it? I would argue this really can make a HUGE difference in which layouts lend themselves best as there are many FANTASTIC layouts.

We got a Swingback in 2017. It suits us perfectly! My wife and I like being able to lay out there together so we liked that better than the CW…although we really like that layout too.

Our swingback area is a huge hit with our kids (ages 17-27 for reference), their friends, and our nieces & nephews (all older teens to adults too). It’s also an amazing spot for spotting during water sports, and the spotter can easily have 1-2 others laying back there with them for company. And don’t even get me started on the storage space under that lounger. Love it! So for us, the swing-back is a home run.

Now if we had preferred our own individual seating spot for lounging around, the CW would have been next up on our list. And if we had younger kids to keep more corralled for safety, we’d have leaned towards the quad bench layout. We’ll never cook on the boat, so any dinnette options we unnecessary, but look oh so nice!

My point is there are so many customized layouts and floor plans to fit MANY different uses. Thus, take many of our ideas (mine included) with a pinch of salt. Our uses and passengers may not match yours well.

Think about what you will be doing with your boat. Who will be on it? What activities will you enjoy while on the water? What safety, activity, lifestyle, aesthetic, etc… visions/needs do you have? Then pair that up as best you can with one of the layout options.

Just took a 24RTSBA for a test run on rough conditions. Let me say, I have owned alot of boats and 3 different pontoons, This Bowrider version is the smoothest boat I have ever driven, much less ridden on except 40' Boats & even then. It was amazing!
The only draw back is its slow, due to middle tube so girthy I guess, 40 mph was about it, on a choppy lake.
It is a swingback model with the stainless rail around outside of singback, (limited the area in front of motor)

Attachments

• 64850779439__8B395508-0392-4C7E-AF99-0EEFB1F9FA10.jpeg
    64850779439__8B395508-0392-4C7E-AF99-0EEFB1F9FA10.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2802.jpeg
    IMG_2802.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 38
We really like the awesome versatility of the 22 SSX. This model reminds us of a classic Sport Fisher!
To the rear are all of the fishing amenities, plus swim and tow capabilities, while forward there are all of the lounging and cruising comforts.
Obviously diverse favorites abound with Bennington, so your personal preferences can always find a great match.
Good luck!

I might have to order a new boat, what is everyone's favorite furniture layout, or favorite boat?
We just got our 22LSR quad benches and LOVE it! We have a big family and plan to usually have a full load of adults most of the time, with a couple small kiddos. This layout gives us the most room for everyone and space for kids to run back and forth! And the extra bow seat was worth the money!!!7FC4842C-3999-4276-A6E6-B7B8754FAD53.jpeg

Last edited:
We just got our 23LSR quad benches and LOVE it! We have a big family and plan to usually have a full load of adults most of the time, with a couple small kiddos. This layout gives us the most room for everyone and space for kids to run back and forth! And the extra bow seat was worth the money!!!View attachment 30693
That was the layout on my last boat. We loved it too. As a matter of fact same color interior as yours.

Dual loungers (as that was the only thing available in 2011), but I do kind of like the swingback and would probably be our choice in our next boat.

We love our GCW (rear facing loungers). Also the optional co-captain lounger is quite comfortable, with an added bonus of the pull-out footrest/cupholder/cooler-junk box combo.

5CDBCE35-5A21-4710-8F2D-EB1B03F1A0AD.jpeg

We love our swingback, it's a 25' and we got the bow seat for extra seating. Love having the big wrap-around U shaped seating up front. We've had 3 families out with a total of 6 adults and 9 kids and everyone was comfortable. Kids love the swingback with the rail so they can ride back there, we've had up to 4 kids on it.

I recently purchased this RSD model and find the dinette setup great for our purposes. This boat will be mainly used for camping so the table and other counter surfaces are essential.

But one of the things that really makes it great is that the recliners around the table are all in close proximity to the captain. This makes it so nice going long distances, being able to carry on a nice conversation between everyone sitting at the table. And the rear recliners are the first seats taken as they are super comfortable behind the table.

This makes it much less isolating for the captain, so they are not "alone" just driving. This way they can they can hear everything that's going on.

This was the maiden voyage after purchasing the boat in MN, and driving it to CA a few months ago, everything went great, and everyone was so impressed with the handling of and general fit and finish of the boat. No one had ever been on a Bennington, and it was just a joy to use.

Boat had 36 hours upon purchase, and we put an additional 6 hours on it this weekend, and hope to put on a lot more! Had fun on the Colorado River, checking out Pirate's Cove, Topock, and Havasu.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Bimini Triangle3.jpg
    Bimini Triangle3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 36
  • 2015-Bennington-2575-RSD486e.pdf
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6898.JPG
    IMG_6898.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 30
This is the layout we went with plus we added a table mount in the back to move the table in the back.

We have a similar quad bench layout on our 23LSRC. As Vikingstaff mentioned, we chose this layout as we have two toddlers and this keeps them corralled pretty well. Plan to enjoy it while they're young and likely move over to a swingback 4-6 years down the road.

We have the quad bench with two captain chairs in a 23sxp fastback. The rear seats are (barely) long enough to stretch out to relax and that works for us, or use the rear seats as a conversation area for up to six people when beached or docked somewhere by rotating the captain and co-captain chairs along with a rear table mount. It is a really practical layout where you can very comfortably seat 10 adults on the boat.
The storage is not that generous, but the boat is docked 20 feet from the house so we do not need to store a substantial amount of items on the boat.

Last edited:
I have the twin captain chairs / quad bench layout, 25ft. My Bennington before this one was the traditional L configuration, also 25 ft. Honestly, I am not so sure that I like the quad bench better. I feel like when underway, the people in the captains chairs are facing the people sitting in the front, which makes for easy conversation. Anyone sitting in the rear benches are sort of separated from the conversations, it's kinda like the kids table at a holiday dinner, lol. With the L configuration I felt everyone was more together. When stopped it's fine.

First, what are your anticipated pontoon boat uses? Age and personality of family and guests that will typically ride on it? I would argue this really can make a HUGE difference in which layouts lend themselves best as there are many FANTASTIC layouts.

We got a Swingback in 2017. It suits us perfectly! My wife and I like being able to lay out there together so we liked that better than the CW…although we really like that layout too.

Our swingback area is a huge hit with our kids (ages 17-27 for reference), their friends, and our nieces & nephews (all older teens to adults too). It’s also an amazing spot for spotting during water sports, and the spotter can easily have 1-2 others laying back there with them for company. And don’t even get me started on the storage space under that lounger. Love it! So for us, the swing-back is a home run.

Now if we had preferred our own individual seating spot for lounging around, the CW would have been next up on our list. And if we had younger kids to keep more corralled for safety, we’d have leaned towards the quad bench layout. We’ll never cook on the boat, so any dinnette options we unnecessary, but look oh so nice!

My point is there are so many customized layouts and floor plans to fit MANY different uses. Thus, take many of our ideas (mine included) with a pinch of salt. Our uses and passengers may not match yours well.

Think about what you will be doing with your boat. Who will be on it? What activities will you enjoy while on the water? What safety, activity, lifestyle, aesthetic, etc… visions/needs do you have? Then pair that up as best you can with one of the layout options.
Hello, what is the CW layout? Fully agree with comments about age of passengers and use? We are getting ready to order our boat and deciding on layout.

Rob Gibbs
Bellingham Washington

Back