Fender clips

Amazing how many great options pop up with a simple inquiry/thread like this. Awesome job everyone!

If only there was some kind of bumper guard to protect all of us from buying all these things we all post.

"Ah...my precious!"  :huh:

Can anyone confirm if the info from this thread regarding drilling the top rail for EZFender is applicable to the RCW?

Also I see mention of concerns EZFender might rub on the cover?

Thanks for any help!!

I like my ez fenders are they are easily adjustable for different situations.  They pose no problems with my cover.

With the EZFender you open the thumb screw to adjust and then tighten. When leaving the dock we bring the fenders all the way up and tighten; looks good and don't have to store the fender. Of course the wife couldn't have the white ones, needed fenders that color matched the boat
Happy wife is a Happy Life !

how do you like them? I really don't want to drill anything
Sorry for the delay. I really like them. Easy to move around and adjust height. Usually leave the height placement alone, but I have moved it around when rafting up with friends. Cheaper options available, but I'm happy with them.

they are awesome

B8811777-3875-4E02-8892-A1B2CFED89E4_zpsph2i0f4z.jpg

We use the Taylor Made pontoon fenders, they come with fender hangers in the package and install by drilling into the top rail, however, the straps slip between the rail and sidewall so we haven't installed them yet, but do plan to.

I just can't bring myself to drill into the boat!

I can’t make myself drill holes for my Scotty mounts. Two of them don’t require any drilling, but for two others, to keep them from moving while removing the fenders, I’d have to drill and install the ss bolts.

Hahaha..... that's why I had my dealer drill my fender mount holes. I didn't want a chance of drill slipping with blackout ..... :confused:

I used a center punch prior to drilling but have to admit it was pretty scary

Drilling into the rails was no big deal. I just closed my eyes and hoped for the best.

Of course that's a complete fabrication since I measured about 10 times, used a punch, made a pilot hole and drilled to size.

What makes me nervous is the thin wall of the fence frame. I already have multiple snaps that are stripped out and the stud\snap piece just spins and spins. I've never played with them but pretty disappointing as I'm not aware of any fix for this.

I drilled mine . Take your time . I installed 2 on each side .I used the drill motor on slow and put the bit in the chuck
as far as it would go .
upload_2017-11-29_8-56-42.png upload_2017-11-29_8-57-1.png

I leave my fenders on when underway. EZ Fenders makes it easy to pull them up high

+1 for EZfender

Any ideas on fender clips, I leave the fenders on when under way. My old Bennington had a top rail separate from the fence but my new 24sfx will have the fence going to the top rail. I'm looking for ones that fit over the top rail. Any ideas?

Back