Fenders and Thoughts

We had bought the infant vests from Costco for the littles. We have been very happy with them and then the larger youth vests as they have grown. The design is comfortable for the kids and they don't try to remove them. These vests are soo much better than what we had for our kids 30 years ago. They come out in the spring.

Where is everyone mounting their EZ Fenders? Do they cause any damage when the bimini is stored in the down position? I don't put it down like that but it is when it's stored for the winter. If I put them next to the captains chair I'm afraid I won;t be able to rest my arm on the rail comfortably. lol, we're lucky to have such problems!

I use 2 ,bow and stern . They are not even close to the helm . They do not interfere with my Bimini .

I use 2 ,bow and stern . They are not even close to the helm . They do not interfere with my Bimini .

Jack I am reaching a point where I would prefer you no longer post or reply. Every time I see that picture of your Q it makes my head spin, thinking i am coming down with PADS

Jack I am reaching a point where I would prefer you no longer post or reply. Every time I see that picture of your Q it makes my head spin, thinking i am coming down with PADS
Mark ,you may be pleasantly surprised if you check one out.
I'm going to shoot the "breeze" with my dealer today .Would you like me to to get a price for you ? :cool:

Mark ,you may be pleasantly surprised if you check one out.
I'm going to shoot the "breeze" with my dealer today .Would you like me to to get a price for you . :cool:
Still in Florida won’t make a move until o am sure we can get back to NY and the lake house. But thanks for your kindness and willingness to spend my

We are brand new to the Bennington Family and this is our first pontoon or Tritoon “ever” - so a couple Newbie questions. I see the EZ Fender Clips seem to be popular, but do they interfere with the mooring cover? Also, on our lake we will need an anchor. I have researched numorous and leaning towards a box anchor or slip-ring...any thoughts? They seem to have the greatest holding power which we will need. And, while I’m asking, any words of wisdom for new Tritoon owners...Ordered our 2021 23LXFSB for Christmas and estimated delivery in April.
I really like this clips. They fit perfectly on the rail and are super easy to adjust.

Plus 1 on the box anchors
I use 2 ,a small at the bow and and a baby at the stern on windy days
Ditto on having 2 Box Anchors. We like to anchor just off the beach and having two Box Anchors allows me to position the perfectly. The fact that they fold and store so nicely is a huge plus. So far I haven’t found bottom where they haven’t set perfectly. Also they are easy to retrieve.

I use Taylor Fender clips. I love the ability to place them wherever needed.

On our old Bennington (2005) we would tie the aft bumper through the Bimini top cleat and the front bumper on the rail where there was a little room. That avoided drilling holes and worked very well. Our new 23 SLX will be delivered this spring and we will have to come up with a new way because the new pontoon has the power Bimini.

As for a child's vest, I would suggest avoiding an inflatable since the little one can't swim. I don't like trusting a child's life to a mechanism. Get the grandchild one with designs the child will like. They get used to a regular vest quickly as long as that's the rule and it is strictly enforced. It will also turn the child up with the face out of the water unlike some inflatables. Just a lot safer IMHO.

Back