filling fuel tank

guardrail22

Reaction score
I home an 02 207L with the fuel tank in the aft Starboard Corner.

The fuel filler is mounted in the wall thus the gas can spout goes in horizontally. Tipping the can up from there is difficult made more so by the new lock unlock spouts or gas cans and then venting systems.

Anyone come up with a way to make this easier? I'm thinking about either putting a filler in the tank top or in hose from filler to tank.

Gas can spouts appear somewhat tamper proof,

Super Siphon.

I put towels on the seat back ,have someone steady the can .I use the siphon .

No issues at all .

http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-FloTool-10801-Shaker-Anti-Static/dp/B000EH0ORI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397985542&sr=8-1&keywords=super+siphon

713PunaXg9L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
x2 on the siphon. That thing is amazing how fast and easy it can move 6 gallons into the tank!

Another vote for the super siphon. I just put the gas can on the sun deck, get the siphon working and wait for it to finish. Not a drop is lost.

Get one of the new siphon hoses. They have a check ball at the end. You dunk it up and down a number of times the hose fills and the ball prevents the fuel from returning to the can and siphons until you empty the can or pull the end out of the fuel.  $10.00, I have one and they're  great. Got it at my dealers but I'd guess Auto Zone would have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my other post Like the picture  above

Super Siphon all the way!

I bought the super siphon after CWag posted it on here.  I now own 2, one for the lakehouse and one for home

It's price and quick priming action. No bitter gas taste anymore ......

It's price and quick priming action. No bitter gas taste anymore ......
Aww, that's no fun. I thought everyone enjoyed that mouthful of gasoline! ;-)

ok for the siphon. how about a good gas can. send me a link please

I just use a regular can. Asked for a couple more 5 gallon jugs for christmas. I think Jack has a nice setup though.

I bought 4 of these Briggs & Stratton 6 Gallon cans this year and I've been very happy. It has bad reviews because it has one of the new eco-friendly CARB compliant nozzles, but if you're using the Super Siphon, that is a non-issue. And at $20/piece for a 6-gallon tank, it fit the budget nicely. 

Back