Filling gas

You have to use the funnel provided with the boat, then you can fill up with any gas can. Same with my F150.

Went to Carquest and they said to try the:
FloTool Capless Gas Tank Funnel

1592257594060.pngWorked like a champ, just inserted it in the fill neck and it took fuel from the 5 gallon can without a drop!

Your tank isn't venting. Obviously right? Check the lines to make sure nothing is pinched and that there aren't any low lying lines that will trap gas in them. If all that is ok and still won't fuel , do what I did and throw the charcoal canister in the trash and don't look back. Mine fuels as fast as the pumps now and when new I could barely get a couple of ounces in before the nozzle shut off.

Mine was actually plugged at the end of the line past the charcoal cannister where it vents to atmosphere but rerouted lines and scrapped the charcoal. Life is good now.

I think I will try this. I have checked every hose and there is no sag. I’m tired of dealing with this and gasoline spilling everywhere.

Worth a try for 2 bucks! For me it was a matter of getting the spout far enough in the hole to get past the vent line. Once I used the FloTool tank funnel to extend the 5 gallon can spout, it worked as it should.

I don’t think anyone mentioned a “Super Siphon” yet. A “super siphon” works great. Get One online or any outdoor store that carries boat stuff. Place your gas can (on a towel/rag) above the filler neck and it will siphon a 5 gallon can quickly. The hose is long enough to to get past the “flapper” in the neck. Probably costs more than a funnel, but You also don’t have to stand holding the can.

I don’t think anyone mentioned a “Super Siphon” yet. A “super siphon” works great. Get One online or any outdoor store that carries boat stuff. Place your gas can (on a towel/rag) above the filler neck and it will siphon a 5 gallon can quickly. The hose is long enough to to get past the “flapper” in the neck. Probably costs more than a funnel, but You also don’t have to stand holding the can.

super siphon may not help with this specific issue. I use a super siphon and the Bennington still overflows unless I do some contortions with the tube and it’s still not 100%. I use the siphon on another boat and a wave runner and the thing is awesome, but the Bennington is a pain to fuel for me no matter what I use.

super siphon may not help with this specific issue. I use a super siphon and the Bennington still overflows unless I do some contortions with the tube and it’s still not 100%. I use the siphon on another boat and a wave runner and the thing is awesome, but the Bennington is a pain to fuel for me no matter what I use.

have your dealer (or you) check the fuel line and vent line to make sure there’s no kink or “p trap “ present as this is a once in a blue moon occurrence. The small funnel being discussed, I can fuel mine full blast. Without it, verrrrry slow. It mainly has to do with the required epa vent system installed in the new boats.

have your dealer (or you) check the fuel line and vent line to make sure there’s no kink or “p trap “ present as this is a once in a blue moon occurrence. The small funnel being discussed, I can fuel mine full blast. Without it, verrrrry slow. It mainly has to do with the required epa vent system installed in the new boats.

thanks for that, I will check it out. i had gotten the boat late in 2018 and told the dealer about the issue when I brought it in for winterization and storage (About 3 weeks after getting it in the water). “No issue found”, which baffled me. And being lazy, I just dealt with it last year. I’ll check it out myself this year as this should not be happening. Jack was kind enough to show me how he refuels with a super siphon, since I could not figure it out to use it with the Bennington. And then I felt like a complete idiot as he did exactly what I do with my other boat and how I used it with my Bennington (no tricks, kind of like, “did you read the directions on how to get the fuel,flowing? That is pretty much it“). Not the first for feeling like an idiot, but c’mon, for using a super siphon?? I need to redeem myself!

Back