Filming

lakeliving

Reaction score
They are also using the basement of my last employer for a prison scene 

NC has made it pretty attractive for the TV and film industry to film here with several shows being shot here in Mooresville and also in the Wilmington area of the state. A show that will be on Fox this fall just finished filming here in the downtown area. It's called..........."Shots fired" and it stars Helen Hunt and Richard Dreyfuss. We saw some of the filming and it's amazing how much time they spend on 1 scene that may be only 30-40 seconds of the show.......

I guarantee it's much more fun looking from the outside in. I was lucky enough to be an extra in the film " Gettysburg". Talk about hurry up and wait. 2 days and probably got 5 minutes of total filming completed. Take after take after take. Hot humid July or August wearing a wool uniform. Got to meet Martin Sheen though. We were waiting in between takes and he came over and just started talking to us. Seemed like a real down to earth guy. 

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

I guarantee it's much more fun looking from the outside in. I was lucky enough to be an extra in the film " Gettysburg". Talk about hurry up and wait. 2 days and probably got 5 minutes of total filming completed. Take after take after take. Hot humid July or August wearing a wool uniform. Got to meet Martin Sheen though. We were waiting in between takes and he came over and just started talking to us. Seemed like a real down to earth guy. 

Were you able to see yourself in the movie ?

Were you able to see yourself in the movie ?

Truthfully .... I never watched the whole thing ....  :(  

Someday I might have to ...  ;)

Wow! That is a long film. Cool story Dave. Our genius citizens voted for a new high school we couldn't afford years ago and after it was built and occupied by students for a year it went idle. Some movie was filmed there but I cannot remember which one.

edit- Just looked it up and it was called "High School"

Last edited by a moderator:

Semp.......

Haha!  Got to meet Martin Sheen too. My squad ended up locking him up back in the day outside a subway station in DC. He was doing research for a movie where he was playing DC homeless advocate Mitch Snyder and it was his goal to get locked up and go through the processing. We made it possible.......Ha!

So was it a "real" processing?? Did he actually do something wrong??

So was it a "real" processing?? Did he actually do something wrong??

Yes it was real processing. The person he was playing in the movie was also there. (Mitch Snyder) He went to jail too. They were given every opportunity to comply and they didnt. Unlawful entry was the charge......

its amazing what you can find on Google ..... Lol!!

NC has made it pretty attractive for the TV and film industry to film here with several shows being shot here in Mooresville and also in the Wilmington area of the state. A show that will be on Fox this fall just finished filming here in the downtown area. It's called..........."Shots fired" and it stars Helen Hunt and Richard Dreyfuss. We saw some of the filming and it's amazing how much time they spend on 1 scene that may be only 30-40 seconds of the show.......

My Dad and I took a fabrication class in Mooresville back in 1991.  One of the highlights was walking in and around the Morrison Farm, or the Day's of Thunder barn.  The owner was there, he pointed out a bunch of things, cool dude.  Unfortunately very near by was where Robbie Moroso was killed only a few months prior to my visit.

I love your town BigKahuna, Lake Norman is the best inland lake period (imo), beautiful area, great people.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dad and I took a fabrication class in Mooresville back in 1991.  One of the highlights was walking in and around the Morrison Farm, or the Day's of Thunder barn.  The owner was there, he pointed out a bunch of things, cool dude.  Unfortunately very near by was where Robbie Moroso was killed only a few months prior to my visit.

I love your town BigKahuna, Lake Norman is the best inland lake period (imo), beautiful area, great people.

Thank you.  :)

Thanks! If you're ever back in this area.............look us up!

Back