Finally in the water

EricZ5

Reaction score
Well it finally happened, after ordering our 2575 RCW LTD in August, having it delivered to the Dealership/Marina in October, it finally went in the water yesterday. What a great experience it was. The boat handled perfectly, the engine (Yamaha 150) was super quiet. The dealer had it out the day before and was able to achieve 37 MPH. Unfortunately, we won't get to go back until Memorial Day weekend but then it is every weekend through August.

You have to be really excited, how can you wait? Post up some photos!

Congrats!!

Steve

You have to be really excited, how can you wait? Post up some photos!

Congrats!!

Steve
For Photos, check my gallery. I will be posting more on Monday morning.

How does the hydraulic steering handle the 150 hp motor? When you make turns at faster speeds, is it too difficult to steer?

How do the Elliptical Toons handle? And the ride?

When you get the engine broken in, we'd be interested in the MPH. The ellipticals with strakes are supposed to be the fastest hull they have in a straight line. I've heard of 42 mph with 150 hp motors are common on some of their lighter hulls.

As you can tell, I'm interested in ordering a 24' SSL Bennington in the next year. I am divided on the hull to purchase--and the brand of engine to order.

Eric,

I am predicting you and your family are going to have a great summer. Congrats on your new toon and enjoy.

That's Great EricZ5. Thanks for posting the pix; didn't know there was a dual porta-potti otion though

StevL - You know everything is going to cost me.

That's Great EricZ5. Thanks for posting the pix; didn't know there was a dual porta-potti otion though
Thanks Link - Where there is a will there is a way.

How does the hydraulic steering handle the 150 hp motor? When you make turns at faster speeds, is it too difficult to steer?

How do the Elliptical Toons handle? And the ride?

When you get the engine broken in, we'd be interested in the MPH. The ellipticals with strakes are supposed to be the fastest hull they have in a straight line. I've heard of 42 mph with 150 hp motors are common on some of their lighter hulls.

As you can tell, I'm interested in ordering a 24' SSL Bennington in the next year. I am divided on the hull to purchase--and the brand of engine to order.
The handling so far seems to be great - However we have not had it up to WOT yet.

The Elliptical's are the best, even the dealer said that he never experienced such a great ride even from an ESP. And the ride was smooth, barely noticed we were moving except for the wind in our face.

During the dealer sea trials they did get it up to WOT with only 1 person on board and had it up to 37 MPH.

The twin elips do offer a great ride. The 150 is good with hydraulic steering. Not finger tips like the power assist, but it's not bad. We do well with pulling tubes and skiers. Kids are still young, so we aren't crazy about throwing them off too hard yet :_)

Todd

Back