Finally replaced my aluminum fencing

Do you have any pictures of what you did with the edges of the metal lips that cracked? Did you just break them off and grind smooth or did you do something else?
Did you consider a graphic wrap and if so why did you choose this option?

thank you in advance

I’ll have to dig around to see if I have any pics of the lips. But yes I used pliers and bent the lips back and forth along the seam and took it off in sections. We then ground them down smooth and they cleaned up great. As far as a wrap I thought about it but my panels were already dented up pretty bad and I just wanted to replace the whole thing.

I don’t have any good close up pics of the lips but this was after I removed them and before we got the black foam strips off. We got that part off with a straight tip screwdriver for the most part. I was going to add it back when I flipped the panels to help with rattling but it wasn’t needed. There was a lot of time involved with this project but I saved a ton of money and really increased my boats value.

Attachments

• ADEBEC3A-6FCD-4694-BE46-68C6DD96633C.jpeg
    ADEBEC3A-6FCD-4694-BE46-68C6DD96633C.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 67A3C220-5834-4CB7-B996-1A772767EFB6.jpeg
    67A3C220-5834-4CB7-B996-1A772767EFB6.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 88
Looks good!

I’ve got Tritoon fever bad though. Just trying to figure out if I should add a middle pontoon to mine and find a nice used 150 or sell it and hope to find one in the off season.

I’ve got Tritoon fever bad though. Just trying to figure out if I should add a middle pontoon to mine and find a nice used 150 or sell it and hope to find one in the off season.

For what its worth, and that aint much, I would look for a tritoon in the off season vs. adding a 3rd toon to your current configuration. Between the 3rd pontoon, looking for the 150 hp motor, wiring, etc.... it just seems better to get it all bundled together from the start. Also, depending on what you get (new or slightly preowned vs. older used) you also have the potential to have warranty coverage.

As stated in previous threads, you will pay the cost of the 3rd log and SEPARATE SHIPPING. They no longer ship them under another boat. You are probably looking at $5K plus for log and shipping. Then there’s the issue of it matching up, possibly having to redrill all holes. Is yours rated for a 150 already? If not, there's that issue ...

Yeah after doing some digging I think I’d be better off just selling it as a really nice used pontoon and finding a nice used Tritoon. Something tells me there’s gonna be a big used market with some super nice stuff within the next year....

I sprayed them first with Starbrite mildew remover and then rinsed off completely. Then we started scrubbing with Starbrite ultimate vinyl cleaner.

Could you share a little info about how/where you got the Bennington and model decals and any tips for application you have? Thanks

Could you share a little info about how/where you got the Bennington and model decals and any tips for application you have? Thanks
You can contact Bennington with the link below ,be sure to include your Hull ID.

Well I’ve been wanting to replace the fencing on my old 2001 Bennington 2575 FS for quite a while now and just finished it up. And yes it was a lot of work! I bought the boat 3 years ago as a fixer upper and this was my last big ticket item to fix. My boat was the older style with the panels on the outside being held in place with a thin aluminum lip on the top, bottom and both ends. I bent the lips out to remove the old panels and they just started cracking at the seams. At that point I decided I would remove the outside lips on the whole boat and move the new panels to the inside like the new boats. To me it looks better and is also more protected. We went with a color called caribou brown and really like it. I know it would have cost me a fortune to have the job done, but I feel good knowing I did it myself and have some sweat equity invested!
Could you send me a picture of how you fastened the paneling to the inside of the rails?

Thanks

Peter
shaypete@gmail.com

Back