First real outing this past Saturday....

DougandMichelle

Reaction score
Practiced using the bag lift, did some wake boarding, and tubing.  Had a blast.  Love this boat more and more (24sslx).  Used my phone gps and with 4 kids and 1/2 tank of gas, was able to hit 38 mph with the Merc 150 four stroke.  It was windy and I had the top up.  Here's a couple of pics.

10270835_10201707213540487_7830419186502137725_n.jpg

10310114_10201707217940597_7170727943752305827_n.jpg

Pretty cool, never even heard of bag lifts. Are there others at marina that use them, or how'd you hear about them?

Now I see why you thought you could get away with not using the mooring cover with the roof overhead, I might have done the same as I think the direct sunlight is one of the worst enemies.  Why so dusty?  If that happens again I think I would take the time to cover it

Bird poop. I have the dock boys put the cover on loosely even though it's garaged all the time. Birds get in there.

Good speed for two toons and no stakes!

How long do the bags take to inflate? I suppose you need a large air compressor....

Looks like you had a blast! Hopefully we get ours out today.

Pretty cool, never even heard of bag lifts. Are there others at marina that use them, or how'd you hear about them?
There are 2 others at the marina...one on another tri-toon and one on a large ski boat.  Heard about it from the marina and bought it from them for $3,500 installed.  Here's the link to the website of the lift.  http://www.airdock.com/  

Now I see why you thought you could get away with not using the mooring cover with the roof overhead, I might have done the same as I think the direct sunlight is one of the worst enemies.  Why so dusty?  If that happens again I think I would take the time to cover it
Yep.  It's well protected from the sun.  I think the dust is just from the massive winds we've had lately but I do think I'm gonna clean it then keep it covered.

Bird poop. I have the dock boys put the cover on loosely even though it's garaged all the time. Birds get in there.

Good speed for two toons and no stakes!
+1 on no bird poop!  Didn't even think of that.  As for the speed, I should have mentioned it is a tri-toon...so is that still okay?

How long do the bags take to inflate? I suppose you need a large air compressor....
They inflate and deflate in about 5 minutes.  It uses a high flow low pressure pump...basically it's a vacuum cleaner motor or leaf blower type deal.  Has 3 chambers and pvc pipe with ball valves to control the air in and out.  Super simple and works fantastic.

Cool air dock never knew about them.

Great to hear that you had a great day and everything went well. I'm sure the kids will be keeping you busy all summer. You should come on over to Tablerock for the Mini Reunion and hang out with the rest of us. It's not that far from Skitook...

Great to hear that you had a great day and everything went well. I'm sure the kids will be keeping you busy all summer. You should come on over to Tablerock for the Mini Reunion and hang out with the rest of us. It's not that far from Skitook...
If I can get the time off from work, we'd love to.  : )

Back