FLAG POLE MOUNT

If you mount to rail, you will need to have your cover modified or you’ll end up wearing through. I mounted mine to the port stern floor trim surround.

21519089-D356-4BF5-9DBF-8688A64E7245.jpeg

The dealer installed these,with flag and pole for $130 when I purchased in 2017. Works great. There are many ways to mount flags to the top and sides of the ski tow bar. They have been addressed in this forum.

Attachments

• 6D0F19A8-A892-4F8A-B2CA-8C98FFAECDB0.jpeg
    6D0F19A8-A892-4F8A-B2CA-8C98FFAECDB0.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 00F57670-1AA8-4442-BDDE-03A31B1BB98D.jpeg
    00F57670-1AA8-4442-BDDE-03A31B1BB98D.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 106
I bought a couple of Grace Alley 6-foot tangle free flag poles (cut the lower portion of the poles down to make them the right length) and two X-Haibei 2 Piece Rail Clamp On Fishing Rod Holders from Amazon and mounted them to the tow bar. I bought two short lengths of PVC pipe from Lowes and made removable sleeves (had to turn them down to right size). They spin on ball bearings so never tangle. I can use the pole holders for fishing or my flags. Easy to put in and take out. Works great!

Attachments

• IMG_6830.JPG
    IMG_6830.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6831.JPG
    IMG_6831.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6832.JPG
    IMG_6832.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6833.JPG
    IMG_6833.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 61
I bought a couple of Grace Alley 6-foot tangle free flag poles (cut the lower portion of the poles down to make them the right length) and two X-Haibei 2 Piece Rail Clamp On Fishing Rod Holders from Amazon and mounted them to the tow bar. I bought two short lengths of PVC pipe from Lowes and made removable sleeves (had to turn them down to right size). They spin on ball bearings so never tangle. I can use the pole holders for fishing or my flags. Easy to put in and take out. Works great!
Well done and welcome to the forum!!!

I like it. The U.S. flag should be on the observer’s left. The observer would be the boat or person behind you.

Hmmm... I pictured the observers as being on my boat or seeing me coming at them. I looked it up and according to the US Power Squadron's flag etiquette: "Generally, the national ensign should be displayed at the peak of the gaff, i.e., the outer end of the spar extending aft from the mast of your boat—if you boat has a gaff. If it does not, fly it from the flagstaff at your boat's stern. If your boat has an overhanging boom or an outboard motor, your flagstaff may be offset to starboard (preferably) from your boat's centerline". Anyone else have something authoritative on this? Everything I find says to center or offset to starboard.

I have posted this before. I fabricated an aluminum plate that attaches to the tow bar. I wanted the flag centrally mounted and could not find anything that worked. I purchased the aluminum plate off of Amazon and cut and polished the edges. It is perfect......

Pontoon Flag Mount.jpg

I have posted this before. I fabricated an aluminum plate that attaches to the tow bar. I wanted the flag centrally mounted and could not find anything that worked. I purchased the aluminum plate off of Amazon and cut and polished the edges. It is perfect......

View attachment 32929
How did you attach it to the stainless tow bar?

This looks like a great option for those with a sky pylon set up…particularly if it is a 2019 or older model since it doesn’t work with the 2020 - newer without having it specially made by the company. Did you get this Rssuttle, and is it as polished and high quality as it looks in the pictures on their website?

This looks like a great option for those with a sky pylon set up…particularly if it is a 2019 or older model since it doesn’t work with the 2020 - newer without having it specially made by the company. Did you get this Rssuttle, and is it as polished and high quality as it looks in the pictures on their website?
This is something I’m wanting to do. I’ve looked and found some options but hooking it up to pylon made the most since. No extra drilling into floor. Bennington changed something on the pylon in 2020 but they've updated the kit.

Back