Flipping a pontoon

Paradise pontoon

Reaction score
On our local lake, a few weeks ago, a group of renters flipped(180 degrees) something like a 24 foot pontoon boat with the upper deck/ladder sliding board. Conventional thinking and the local "rumor" was that most of the 15 people were up top, liquored up and doing whatever they were doing to flip the thing. Talking to a buddy of mine who saw the police report, supposedly all the renters were on the bottom, presumably moved to one corner, drove the corner under water and at the exact same time, the boat operator freaked out, punch the throttle and submarined the boat and essentially drove it down and ultimately upside down...I saw the photos and the motor was pointing directly to the sky. reasonable?? uncommon???

Makes for a great story to tell!
Gotta love alcohol!

I would imagine it would be almost impossible to flip over a single level pontoon/tritoon unless you hard cornered into a side swell to lift (trip) boat or overloaded excessively/unevenly. The second story adds weight and leverage so it would be much less idiot proof. Another of my hypothesis.......lol... :rolleyes: (everyone try and bring back video for show and tell.........no!....just kidding!) Don't try this at home!

Darwin trying to thin out the herd ... :rolleyes:

Darwin trying to thin out the herd ... :rolleyes:
Heh, as long as the sandals stay afloat holding up the power strip for the grill on the "bar" , what can go wrong? ...........like comedians say.......can't fix stupid......:p7F09438B-9D71-4BD8-A95A-900D67B653AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back