Florida Boating

Slow Ride

Reaction score
Has anybody taken their boat to Florida over Christmas or on vacation? We are thinking about doing something like this. We have spent time on the east and west coast and the keys. We have always stayed in a hotel. A house on canel would be great or in a community with a boat ramp. Also a hotel with large enough parking lot. Thanks in advance!

It sounds nice, but I really don't have any desire to drag a pontoon boat 1100 miles for a week or two. I have a 3/4 ton diesel tow vehicle, and it'd cost $300 each way in fuel--plus the hassle of dealing with it. I-95 is heavy in big truck traffic, and they'd blow you around pretty bad. Remember, pontoons are kites and they pull much heavier than they actually are.

I would think that the winter waves in The Keys would be a little high, which is a change from summer months.

A rental house in the Keys would be great. But take your checkbook, as prices on every Florida rental apartment and house in the Winter is expensive. Christmas is just inside "high season". Maybe you could use the money it would take to haul your boat to hire a fishing guide.

Back