For all old and not so old tooners( UPDATE)

Pasta and pizza, omlets ( no green stuff) bacon etc, I'll manage. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Carl. Those can be pretty scary (blood clots, not pizza, omlets and bacon). I hope it disolves soon. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

So I went to the doctor yesterday to have my blood checked to see if it was getting thinner. She took the sample and tested it with her machine and the reading was 1.2. They were looking for 2-3 meaning the higher the number the thinner the blood. So then I got the good news that she was giving me 10 more syringes for my stomach. OUCH!. She also upped the dose on the pills for a couple of days, I have to see her on Monday again. I hate needles! Especially when I have to do the needling. :wacko:

Carl hope you are feeling better. Question though whats worse the pain in your leg or having to listen to your wife saying " I told you that you need to listen to me more often" We hope you are back up and around soon keep us all updated

Carl hope you are feeling better. Question though whats worse the pain in your leg or having to listen to your wife saying " I told you that you need to listen to me more often" We hope you are back up and around soon keep us all updated
Actually. the pain in the leg. Suzi's been putting up with my complaining very well AND she made me popovers this morning. Life is good. The doctor is wanting to get the number up before we cruise on the 28th. The leg does feel better and I can now walk up and down stairs normal and not 1 step at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went to the doctor yesterday to have my blood checked to see if it was getting thinner. She took the sample and tested it with her machine and the reading was 1.2. They were looking for 2-3 meaning the higher the number the thinner the blood. So then I got the good news that she was giving me 10 more syringes for my stomach. OUCH!. She also upped the dose on the pills for a couple of days, I have to see her on Monday again. I hate needles! Especially when I have to do the needling. :wacko:
My brother is a diabetic (the type that has to give needles everyday) I remember before he could leave the hospital, they wanted us all to give him a needle, just in case we ever needed to, hehe I had fun with that!! Older brother, younger brother gets to stick a needle in him, fun for the whole family!!! Haha hope it works fast and your soon sailing the open seas my friend!

Actually. the pain in the leg. Suzi's been putting up with my complaining very well AND she made me popovers this morning. Life is good. The doctor is wanting to get the number up before we cruise on the 28th. The leg does feel better and I can now walk up and down stairs normal and not 1 step at a yime.
Has she made you that delicious grits and cheese dish?????????

Has she made you that delicious grits and cheese dish?????????
Nope, no cheese and sausage grits yet Daril. But I like your thinking. B)

Damn, that's scary stuff. Prayers sent. Get better soon sir.

Thanks, tok my last injection (hopefully the last) today and go back to see the Dr tomorrow. We leave Sunday for a cruise out of Charleston,SC.

Carl, need a house sitter ???? Just sayin ,,,,,,,,

Carl, need a house sitter ???? Just sayin ,,,,,,,,
Sure, you'd just have to feed our Sun Conure. Small parrot. I'd leave the keys to the toon also.

Yup, I'm like that. B)

Thanks, tok my last injection (hopefully the last) today and go back to see the Dr tomorrow. We leave Sunday for a cruise out of Charleston,SC.
What ports do you stop at Carl ? Glad to hear you can walk better now.

It's only a 5 day so it's only Nassau and Freeport. The Graycliff Hotel is in Nassau and that's where Graycliff cigars are made. We'll walk there so I can buy some seconds. They're a lot cheaper. B)

I

It's only a 5 day so it's only Nassau and Freeport. The Graycliff Hotel is in Nassau and that's where Graycliff cigars are made. We'll walk there so I can buy some seconds. They're a lot cheaper. B)

I
Glad to hear you're feeling better ! Have a great time ! Gerry

Back