Forum Cost

I prefer that the forum is more select. I used to race atv's before cancer took some ribs away. I am also a sponsored Rc car racer and the amount keyboard tuff guys and daily trolls on most forums make it very hard to get a serious answer or have a normal conversation.

This forum: I have given my personal number to many of members looking at their first Benny which I won't do on any other site.

TomS and I talked before he made his engine choice for an hour at least long distance. Bulldog and spinzone helped with my personal audio.

Heck, learning about the box anchor from you guys saved my marriage.

Link, pittsburgh, lake living, Jack, etc. all people that I would like to see someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ever won the lottery I'd do the bennington bull run and work my way around the country(s) so I could boat with all of you.

I agree the people on this forum are great!  Always willing to share their knowledge.

Should anyone make it to CT, please look me up.  There are many, many here that I would love to meet.  Depending on the season, I might be able to offer a ride on Bennington seats!

I'm bummed I didn't meet more folks at the 2013 event. We failed to create a mechanism to connect club members. Opportunity lost. :-(

Other than Tom S., whom I met the year before, I met no club members.

I believe that most of the Benny owners never look at the forum. Look at the members list and how many have used a thread or made comments. Those of us that use this forum are the few. I look in every day, Some things interest me some don't, but I believe that the helpful hints and comments are more help to me than if I never looked in. I've been in boating all my life. Most on Cape Cod salt water boating. I was new to Fresh Water Boating when I moved south and NEVER looked at or considered a Pontoon Boat until I settled down here. It was like starting over. The lessons and helpful hints I've received have been grateful  Thanks to the BENNINGTON FORUM and the great people here that make up written contacts. It's people you'd like to associate with. It's too bad there aren't more that make use of it. 

Out of the total of 60,000 posts and if you add up the top 10 posters they total over 25,000 posts.  However I would believe that this forum is read and used as a resource by many who just don't post much or don't post at all.  When you consider that those doing research on purchasing a pontoon probably aren't posting at all I would have to believe that this forum is a well worth endeavor for Bennington when it comes to selling

I know I find out good answers to questions I didn't even know I had

50 members were online the last 30 minutes. 4400 members. You can lurk without being a member. I would guess 1 in 10 actually sign up.

My profile has been viewed over 4000 times... People must be really bored.

4001. and not boring if you put up nice pictures of yourself floating with a can of Mich Ultra

HA HA HA HA HA!

Few things here make me bust out laughing, but that one did! Too funny. Thanks for the laugh!

But to circle back to the original question, how much extra did you end up spending on your boat due to this forum?  I would imagine this forum adds a couple thousand at a minimum to those that are fortunate enough to stumble on it prior to the purchase.

I'd estimate I probably spent $5 grand more, but, the forum did assist me in buying my last boat first.

If that's the metric we're measuring...the forum cost me about $25,000.

In my world of metrics though, it saved me from buying the wrong boat, paying tax on the boat, and then trading it in to get the correct boat a year later...taking depreciation AND paying tax on the second boat too. My perception of what I needed in order to do what I wanted, was just plain wrong. And I read my way through the learning process rather than buying/upgrading my way through the learning process. Invaluable information here on this site.

Over 40k here buying my second boat!!!

I paid more for the larger motor going from the Yamaha High Thrust 60 when originally ordered to the Yamaha 90

[SIZE=23.9999980926514px]Bought the better Shorelander Trailer Dual Tires w/Brakes [/SIZE]

[SIZE=23.9999980926514px]And The Better G Series Captain's Chair[/SIZE]

[SIZE=23.9999980926514px]Due To The Advice of These Incredible People[/SIZE]

Thanks to everyone for the Great Advice 

So glad I upgraded before the boat was built !

Once again to new Benny Owners 

BUY THE LARGEST ENGINE YOU CAN AFFORD 

YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT 

THE DEALERS SAYING THE SMALLER ENGINE IS BEST 

ARE INSANE !

BTW 

Got an Online Survey for my first year of ownership from Bennington 

It was a very thorough survey even had an entire section on DEALER 

I took my time and answered each section with incredible detail

TRAF_webgraphic.jpg

And I read my way through the learning process rather than buying/upgrading my way through the learning process. Invaluable information here on this site.
I read everything there was to read and I STILL had to do the buying/upgrading thing!! Of course that was after I bought the first one. But when I ordered the second one, I knew what I was doing!! The third one I blame on Bennington's design team being just too darn good at making a wake tower look cool on a pontoon!! :D  

Back