Fuel octane

Seafoam is good stuff. I use it in my diesel truck. But, I'ver noticed a pretty big variance in prices at several sources. The cheapest I've found it is at Walmart.

I do advance auto with the 20% off online. Pickup in store.

Seafoam is good stuff. I use it in my diesel truck. But, I'ver noticed a pretty big variance in prices at several sources. The cheapest I've found it is at Walmart.

Yup cheapest at Walmart.

Walmart also sells a similar product to Seafoam. If you compare side by side it performs the exact same functions as Seafoam and of course is less expensive. I have used it in the boat as well as my tractor and other power equipment...

Our 2006 Yammi F225 has been fed street fuel (87 octane ethanol laced) since first day. I think that I might have added a few tanks of gas with Valvetech additive when on Lake Travis last year. I treat off season with Stabil Marine and run tester for water and alcohol content b4 each spring 1st use. Still running great.

I can't give any advice based on personal experience on a boat motor regarding octane booster but using it in a fuel injected car will eventually lead to a failure of the oxygen sensors. I can only assume similar problems will happen in about any fuel injected engine so I'd shy away from using it...

I trailer always, and with three 100% gas suppliers within 3 mikes of my house, I use them. One of them sells it for about .25 more than ethanol. No brainer.

Use 91 octane non ethanol with stabilizer in every tank. Every now and then I can can only get 89 or 87 and seems to be just fine. I just try my hardest to stay away from ethanol.

Back