Fuel on Lake Norman.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Finally ran out the fuel I put in last fall. Got down to about a 1/4 of our 37 gallon tank so I just filled up for the first time this year. For ethanol free regular 87 octane I paid $4.79 a gallon at one of our local marinas. (It was $3.79 back in the spring) What is it in your part of the country?!?

Finally ran out the fuel I put in last fall. Got down to about a 1/4 of our 37 gallon tank so I just filled up for the first time this year. For ethanol free regular 87 octane I paid $4.79 a gallon at one of our local marinas. (It was $3.79 back in the spring) What is it in your part of the country?!?

I actually started logging my fuel usage and cost this year. Mid May, it was $4.79, since then, it's been $4.59. This is 87 with ethanol. Lake Wallenpaupack, PA

$3.99 on the water. I carry it in 5 gallon cans for $1.95. Both are 87 octane no ethanol. Lay lake in Alabama.

I've never bought gas on the water here on Wylie. I have four of those race cans and fuel up just over the state line in SC.

$4.75/gallon. Not sure if ethanol free but I religiously use Marine Stabil anyhow.

$4.75/gallon. Not sure if ethanol free but I religiously use Marine Stabil anyhow.
I also add the marine stabil and yamalube ring free to my fuel all year long. So I guess those two add another .20 plus cents to my fuel, making it $2.15.

You guys putting 87 octane in your engines? 89 octane is in the Yamaha manual for my 175Vmax. Did something change?

And I pay $2.89 gal for 89 octane. And a sweet upper body workout bringing the 5 gal cans to the dock.

You guys putting 87 octane in your engines? 89 octane is in the Yamaha manual for my 175Vmax. Did something change?

And I pay $2.89 gal for 89 octane. And a sweet upper body workout bringing the 5 gal cans to the

And I pay $2.89 gal for 89 octane. And a sweet upper body workout bringing the 5 gal cans to the dock.
Recommended fuel for my Mercury 150 is 87 octane!!!

I have a yamaha 150xb (grey motor). 87 octane is recommended for it. 89 octane is recommended for the 200 grey motor.

Where are you buying fuel for $1.95
Last falls fuel put in a bulk tank and treated with marine stabil (should have disclosed that). About to have to start on new fuel that is $2.85. Not happy about it being nearly $1 higher, but glad to be on fresh fuel too.

Last edited:
According to GasBuddy, I'll be paying $3.15 or thereabouts for 87 w/ethanol at the gas station this weekend in Houghton Lake, Mi. It's going to be an expensive holiday for sure keeping our Benny and two Sea Doo's filled up. but, that's why I have a job! Bring on the summer...

Something I’ve learned this past month: It’s nicer paying for expensive gas and boating than sitting shoreside and watching others boat. Just saying! ;)
What is the latest on your boat? Have they had a chance to diagnose it yet?

Something I’ve learned this past month: It’s nicer paying for expensive gas and boating than sitting shoreside and watching others boat. Just saying! ;)
Truer words have not been spoken! Soon you'll be back on the water with your new ski, if not the Benny.

What is the latest on your boat? Have they had a chance to diagnose it yet?
Last update was they verified electrical melt through of main electrical harness and accompanying wires from what they could get at. They were waiting for Sea Legs tech to come to dealership to remove the legs so they could remove under skirting and complete their initial inspection - supposed to happen this week. That will determine who to file a claim with and begin repairs. I am hopeful to have an update with that information early next week. I am also hopeful it will then finally include an estimated time frame instead of being stuck in limbo with all of it. We’ll see.

Back