Fuel on Lake Norman.....

According to GasBuddy, I'll be paying $3.15 or thereabouts for 87 w/ethanol at the gas station this weekend in Houghton Lake, Mi. It's going to be an expensive holiday for sure keeping our Benny and two Sea Doo's filled up. but, that's why I have a job! Bring on the summer...
If you think gas is expensive I just spent over $500 on an underwater light so I can see fish swim by at night!! Installing today so hopefully it was money well spent and it holds up.

If you think gas is expensive I just spent over $500 on an underwater light so I can see fish swim by at night!! Installing today so hopefully it was money well spent and it holds up.
Consider it a lifetime pass to the aquarium.

I was tied up at the fuel dock the other day when a guy next to me in his 40' cabin cruiser finished pumping. I asked him how much the damage was and he said over $900. OUCH! Then I saw the ring on his wife's finger... fuel bill is probably pocket change to him!

I was tied up at the fuel dock the other day when a guy next to me in his 40' cabin cruiser finished pumping. I asked him how much the damage was and he said over $900. OUCH! Then I saw the ring on his wife's finger... fuel bill is probably pocket change to him!

Yeah I was telling the wife about the charter boat we go out in. I think he said it can hold 1000 gallons diesel. I couldn’t imagine the pain after saying “fill er up” when she’s empty. :oops:

One of my brothers has himself a fancy 40' out of Frankfort, MI that puts my gas buying to shame.

One of my brothers has himself a fancy 40' out of Frankfort, MI that puts my gas buying to shame.
What's the boat's name? Is it a charter? Do you know which marina?

What's the boat's name? Is it a charter? Do you know which marina?
Good grief, I don't actually know the name! No, it's just for the family's enjoyment exploring the upper Great Lakes and Wisconsin. They've been in the city marina with various boats for at least twenty years. Beautiful area, even if you're not in the boat!

I paid $3.70 for 90 ethanol free at a regular gas station using 5 gal cans. I believe on our lake it's $4.89. Western New York State.

Good grief, I don't actually know the name! No, it's just for the family's enjoyment exploring the upper Great Lakes and Wisconsin. They've been in the city marina with various boats for at least twenty years. Beautiful area, even if you're not in the boat!
We wander down there every so often; it's just a few blocks from home. Lower Big Lake levels have helped the city docks. The past few years there were a swampy mess with several slips closed due to water over the docks.

Oops, sorry to hijack the topic. Back to gasoline prices...

Hey guys whether you get your gas at a marina or lug 5 gallons cans down to your dock.......Just fill it!!!!!

Lugging those 5 gallon cans ain't worth it. Not at my age anyway. Just bought this thing last week to transfer fuel without having to lug those heavy cans. Works so good I can't stand it. Lol

$4.65 per gallon.

First time getting gas on the lake this season. Filled up our jet ski at the marina near our lake house. There are two other marina’s on the lake, but I don’t know their prices this season.

My favorite lake posts prices of gasoline at every marina on the lake on a near weekly basis. It's amazing how all over the map it is. I know this weekend many have eluded to record gas consumption and are out for a day or two.

We paid 3.95 last week at the marina on the bayside of Ft. Myers Beach Florida.

It's actually illegal to fuel boats on our lake with any portable containers. So, you're either filling at one of the fuel docks or your doing it on your trailer....
People do tend to spill a lot with portable cans but where does that leave someone who lives on the water? I don't even have a trailer for instance, my boat lives on the lift. They are forced to pay the higher marina prices?

People do tend to spill a lot with portable cans but where does that leave someone who lives on the water? I don't even have a trailer for instance, my boat lives on the lift. They are forced to pay the higher marina prices?
Yup. My boat is kept in our community marina from May through October and we also do not have a trailer. Marina gas is our only choice, and the only choice for many on our lake.

That stinks. Is it a private lake?
Not a private lake per se, but owned by Brookfield Renewable, since it's used for power generation. Lake Wallenpaupack, 2nd largest lake in PA. I'm OK with the marina only gas, since, it's the only thing I've ever experienced!

Back