Fuel on Lake Norman.....

$5 a gal and you get to pump you own gas...haha;)
Have you found any difference in performance between the octanes? 87, 89, 91, or 93? When we first moved here we were running a bit low on fuel and the marina we stopped at had 93 octane. We filled it up but didn't really notice any difference in performance.......

Have you found any difference in performance between the octanes? 87, 89, 91, or 93? When we first moved here we were running a bit low on fuel and the marina we stopped at had 93 octane. We filled it up but didn't really notice any difference in performance.......
GotNitro is the one who mentioned the 93

As for me, have not used anything but 89. What Yamaha wants, Yamaha gets

GotNitro is the one who mentioned the 93

As for me, have not used anything but 89. What Yamaha wants, Yamaha gets
Oops! That's what I get for reading this with out my reading glasses. Ha!

I found a station with 93 on the water, 4.99 a gallon. I've been using it because its self service and I don't have to tip :p
Have you noticed any change in performance using 93 octane or have you always used it?!?

Have you noticed any change in performance using 93 octane or have you always used it?!?
I've seen 0 difference between 93 and 87 on top speed or hole shot.. I use that fill station mainly because its close to my slip and its self serve. Mater of fact, the fastest speed I got was on 87. I've even dumped a can of VP octane boost in on a tank of 87, nothing.

I’m not trying to sound like a cheapskate, but why do you tip the attendant? When I get vehicle gas in NJ (full service law) I don’t tip. When I used to pump gas as a kid, then owned my own full service station I didn’t get nor expect a tip (some did once in a while though), but I checked oil, cleaned front/rear windows, checked tires. Just asking … ;)

I’m not trying to sound like a cheapskate, but why do you tip the attendant? When I get vehicle gas in NJ (full service law) I don’t tip. When I used to pump gas as a kid, then owned my own full service station I didn’t get nor expect a tip (some did once in a while though), but I checked oil, cleaned front/rear windows, checked tires. Just asking … ;)
The marina we use on our lake has a little sign for tips for the attendant if you wish to do so. They are always high school or college kids, so I always tip. Seems to be the thing here.

That's a good question! Ha! Like Vikingstaff said the attendants are usually high school kids and they are in that hot sun all day so I give them a little something extra!

Back